Saturday, July 07, 2007

A Sundry Saturday post...

It's Saturday already and I can't believe how quickly the past week has flown by! Now that the financial year is over, traditionally things slow down and this was my fondest wish for this week. Not to be! It has been another very busy week at work! So, I thought I'd better treat myself and make an appointment with my hunky masseur for today.

And so, today I rocked up at 10.30am and felt all my stress dissolve beneath the magic that is my masseur's hands! It was another lovely session, but a little sad - he is in the process of moving over to London; leaving in two week's time. So, this was our last session together. Naturally, I have booked him for October when I will be back in London, but that's still 3 months away, and not exactly an ideal solution! Thankfully, he gave me a couple of numbers of friends of his that are masseurs as well, so I'll be taken care of. Which reminds me, if any of you London bloggers would like a FABULOUS massage from a hot Aussie guy, email me and I'll send you his details. He has to start working as soon as he gets there and so I'm sure he'd love an intant client list!

I drifted home, through the heavy traffic that is in Potts Point at the moment, thanks to the thousands of visitors turning up to check out the hot US Navy guys (oh, and their aircraft carrier) here for the weekend. A quick clean up around the apartment and a knock on my door. It was Evan and McDreamy, beaming smiles and lots of laughs! McDreamy had cut out a suspicious looking lesion on Evan's chest last week and it prompted me to think about my own skin. My dad is a red head with very fair skin and he goes every 6 months or so to the doctor to get examined and usually ends up with one or two small cancers being cut out or frozen off. I've unfortunately inherited the fair skin and have not had a check up for ages. So, McDreamy kindly made a housecall on me and checked me out. Thankfully, nothing to be concerned about...there's a couple of freckles that he suggested I keep an eye on, for any changes in colour or shape, but otherwise, nothing to worry about!
Sensational! Thanks McDreamy, by the way.

Thus relieved, we all toddled off down to Blues Point Rd for a lovely pasta lunch in the sun at one of the cafes there. I love sitting in the sun when it's cold...it just feels fantastic! We also discussed our little weekend away next weekend...I'm taking them down to the beach house on the South Coast. Granted, it's not exactly beach weather, but it's just so lovely and relaxing down there, plenty of food and wine, great conversation with good friends, lazy sleep ins, long walks on the beach. It promises to be another awesome weekend!

Tonight, I've received an invitation to Chez Muzbot for dinner - and he's cooking! After seeing the yummy recipe he posted earlier this week for his Moroccan Lamb, I'm chomping at the bit to experience his culinary skills! Should be another highly enjoyable night!

2 comments:

Campbell said...

Well done on keeping an eye on yourself Monty. No-one is immortal. I guess it helps to have friends with the necessary skills!
Enjoy dinner tonight and we want a culinary critique. Say Hi to Muzbot for us.

Tales of the City said...

Oh Monty.. any excuse to get naked in front of the doctor!
Glad all is well.. have a great Sunday.
Yes I want you masseurs details.. mine is moving to Estonia.. whats with moving masseurs?

Labels