Wednesday, July 11, 2007

A "Perfect Man" meme...

A "Perfect Man" Meme...

I was thinking about Muzbot's post a week or two ago, about his desire to find the "perfect" man for him...and so I started analysing what kind of man I am looking for. And so, I've created my very first meme. Naturally, I'm quite cognizant of the fact that this is an "ideal" - I've experienced enough in meeting guys to know that chemistry seems to ignore our preconceived ideas...but anyway, here goes...Monty's Mr Right...

1. Non-smoker
2. Preferably my height or taller (5'9"+)
3. Preferably around my age or a little bit older...35 - 45'ish
4. A nice furrrrry chest (mmmmmmm)
5. Someone who is more built than I (I have a slim build)
That's about it in physical characteristics....now the interesting stuff...
5. A guy that is not defined by his sexuality ie the only reason he's gay is the fact that he likes sleeping with other guys
6. Someone confident within himself (confidence is such a sexy quality)
7. A guy who is willing to commit to a monogamous relationship
8. A friend
9. A good conversationalist, with varied interests and a reasonable level of intelligence
10. A guy with a positive outlook on life

The list could go on and on and on I suppose, but I think these things are the important things to me. Feel free to copy this meme as I'd be interested to see what other guys look for...

13 comments:

Tales of the City said...

Ditto me.. I guess I have been lucky. dont most of us want what you look for in a perfect man? Or maybe not in the gay world... sigh.

Tom said...

1... agree
2... Pffttt... 5'9" is a bit on the short side... ;)
3... I'd go around my age or a wee bit younger
4... not fussed... but not a gorilla
5... not fussed about the build
5... erm, you have two fives! but the not defined by sexuality is a great one, totally agree
6, 7, 8 and 9... agree
10... totally agree... couldn't abide a doom and gloom merchant!

Monty said...

Trust an accountant to realize that I've done two 5's! I'm soooooo embarassed! Will change tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

Great list! Hope you find him....

Peter said...

Trust a banker to make a misstake like that! ;o)

Darn, #1 & 2, is me. #3 I'm older than 45'ish ;o), #4 smooth as a baby bottom, #5 I'm overweight does that count?! the second #5 till 10 that's me!

One of us has to move, to make it happen.

T said...

good luck finding a monogamist - may be it is more realistic to say ' a man who will be honest about if and when he plays around on the side'

Christerbjorn said...

Hey Monty,
There's good news and there's bad news.
The Good News: I know your perfect man!!!!
The Bad News: He's my Boyfriend!!!

Sorry mate, looks like you and I have similar taste in men.
McDreamy.

Campbell said...

Just remember that it takes time to discover numbers 5 (2nd one) to 10 in someone Monty, they might be buried deep down and only come out for the right man, so you may have to work on it.
Same could be said for number 4!

Monty said...

....

Monty said...

TomCat - I did say that the list was my "ideal"...
McDreamy - your b/f IS gorgeous, but one thing I didn't include in my list was that Monty's Mr Right has to be SINGLE! lol
Campbell, as always, you have some wise words for this foolish heart of mine! Hugs!

Single Guy said...

Wow..that's a list!!! I"m sure he's out there..maybe you already met him...does he have to meet all the requirements or are you flexible? LOL

Muzbot said...

Here my list...

1. Non-smoker
2. Taller than me
3. 35 - 45
4. Eyes that draw you in and melt your heart when they look at you.
5. Fit athletic build, but with maybe a touch of beer belly. :)

5. A guy who is confident with his sexuality
6. Someone with a bit of an "excited puppy" quality
7. Monogamous
8. Someone who challenges me to go that one step further.
9. Someone who is passionate with what they speak about or is just as happy to sit in silence, hold my hand, smile and watch the world go by.
10. A cheaky sexual streak. :)

Monty said...

Thanks Tom and Muz! Nice to see what other people's lists look like! Interesting and informative! :-)

Labels