Monday, September 29, 2008

6 Months...

Today is our official 6 month milestone and so, to celebrate, I thought I'd do 6 things that I love about McBrad...prepare yourself for sappy, mushy, lovey-dovey stuff...

1. I love that despite him being quite a big, muscular guy (he's 6'2" and gyms on a daily basis), he's surprisingly gentle and tender. Of course, he's a big growly bear at other times, but that's just for fun! :-)

2. I love snuggling with him - I could do it 24/7. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, wrapped in his arms is my favourite place in the world.

3. I love his sense of humour! He's got a very dry, and very quick, wit - it took me a while to be able to sense when he was being serious and when he wasn't but I think I've got the hang of it now! When we watch dvd's like Cath & Kim, or Still Game (a Scottish comedy) and he laughs, I feel it all through him. He also has an absolute KILLER smile - photos don't do him justice!

4. I love that he has such a great relationship with his godchildren. He really takes his responsibility as godfather very seriously which is a very sweet trait.

5. I love that he has lots of good friends who he cares about. He's a very social person and includes me in his social circle - I really feel a sense of being one half of a partnership.

6. I love walking down the street, holding his hand. I feel proud to have such a HOT boyfriend and can't stop talking about him. Close friends now just roll their eyes when I start rambling on about him!

Last week, I was reading some of my older posts, from when I first started blogging (which, by the way, is almost 2 years ago) and it's been fascinating to read about me then and me now. The same Monty is there, but there's certainly differences. Anyway, McBrad loved the flowers I got him on Saturday - thank goodness, as I was up at 5:45am purchasing them from the markets - and we had a lovely weekend together. Tonight, I'm going over after work and we'll celebrate with a bottle of Moet and some dinner (and maybe some other shenanigans but I'm not going to give you any details about that).

11 comments:

The Mutant said...

Oh yuk! I mean soppy much?

Oh, who am I kidding it's just the sweetest thing, congrats on the first six months, heres to the next six and beyond!

Glad the flowers were well recieved too, you rotten ol' romantic you.

All shitty scowling aside though, I'm please to hear you've fond a man who spins your nipple-nuts, and I don't think I've detected even the slightest hint of hesitation in the enthusiastic words you've written about him, and thats when you know you've gotten it right!

Charlie said...

That's amazing stuff and the sign that he's really committed to you. Those evenings out as a couple and cosey nights in cuddled on the sofa really make a partnership special. Just reminds us that there are good, loving fellas out there. What flowers did you end up getting him in the market then, orchids or roses?

Tom said...

prepare yourself for sappy, mushy, lovey-dovey stuff...

It's alright Monty, we prepare ourselves each time a Much Ado About Monty post appears in our feed readers. What's new? ;)

PS: Congratulations. :)

Adaptive Radiation said...

Congrats Monty. Can't believe how quickly 6 months have flown. Hope you stuck with the game plan and went for the oriental lilies! They perfume very nicely in the evening...

Ad Rad

Volodya said...

Congrats! I love this post so much. I hope you guys have all happiness in the world, just as us. :)

Mike said...

Oh I'm so happy for you. It sounds just dreamy. You blog has cheered me up! Enjoy the champers (and the shenanigans) x

Superchilled said...

Congratulations. I hope this becomes just one of many milestones.

Anonymous said...

Congrats B, many happy months/years/decades to follow.

I agree with Tom, a new post has something to do with McB, but we all love it to see you finally happy!

Soul Seared Dreamer said...

Congrats sweetie.

It's great to read just how happy you are. If anyone deserves it.. you're definitely one.

Here's to the next six months.

PS - Not allowed? What's all that about? LOL

Phil said...

A very belated happy 6 month anniversary Monts, you deserve it!
Phil
x

Fancy Pants said...

We want details! J/k

Congrats on the 6 months, I'm jealous. Good on ya skippy!

Labels