Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Spring in my step...

I do have to apologise - my blogging has been somewhat hit and miss of recent weeks. I will try and be more regular going forward.

Anyway, it's just going to be more of the usual romantic mush from me, so consider yourself warned.

I spent the entire weekend at McBrad's which was splendid. There was a moment part way through the weekend when I stopped and thought...'this is as good as it gets!' But the funny thing is, I've had a few moments like that over the last few months but it just continues to get better! Everything just seems to be going fantastically well. It never fails to surprise me that McBrad continues to be his gorgeous self, continues to profess his love for me and continues to want me around! And this is completely reciprocated, trust me!!!

Now, Friday was officially 5 months for us! That in itself is great! But after celebrating 1, 2 and 3 months together, we made a mutual decision not to make a big deal of 4 and 5 months, but rather wait for 6 months. Despite that, waiting for me when I arrived at his place on Friday evening was an array of presents. It was very sweet of him and I was very touched. I had only brought a bunch of flowers for him so I purchased a really nice bottle of champers for dinner. It was a lovely dinner and a wonderful evening and it just reinforced to me how lucky I am! I am sorry to go on and on about this, but I can't stop grinning.

Anyway, suffice to say that Monty continues to be a happy chap!

On a different note, as has been mentioned in other blogs, it's Spring here in the Antipodes and we've had some glorious weather - beautiful big blue skies, buckets of sunshine and daytime temperatures in the low 20's (degrees Celcius). Just perfect. The trees are starting to sprout leaves, flowers are starting to bloom, the days are slowly getting longer and longer. It's magnificent.

AND I got my results from my recent DFP assignment - I passed so I'm happy (17.75 out of 20 - not my most splendid result but a pass is a pass and that's all I need). It was a stress to get it done (particularly after I lost half the assignment 2 days before it was due) and so passing it has been a relief! Now, next step is the exam - I have 2 months. But I think I've broken the back of it so the worst is over.

I was reading a couple of my posts I made about dating over the past couple of years and it was interesting to see where I was at back then. To see the issues I was dealing with, and how I was dealing with them - it was a good reminder about how good I have it now. I'm reading a couple of blogs that appear to be somewhat similar to mine 12 - 18 months ago and it's fascinating to read them. I've added them to my blog roll and I hope that I can be as encouraging and supportive to those guys as many of my readers were to me in those dark days of my single sluthood!

Anyway, all good in the life of Monty at the moment. Hope all is good in your world too!

3 comments:

Superchilled said...

On a different note, Monty - you won the Superchilled Olympic Challenge. Congratulations.

Darth Gateau said...

You've got it all just dandy. At last - it's all worked out - good on you!!

Pleasingly, autumn is about to set in in my (new) part of the world which means cooler weather and no humidity - it'll be like a Sydney summer!!

Campbell said...

Congratulations on many fronts Monty - relationship, winning the SOC as well as passing (more than!) your assignment.
Temps in Melbourne have yet to reach the 20 mark, so enjoy the more northern clime!

Labels