Thursday, September 11, 2008

Monty's Miscellaneous Musings...

Firstly, it seems to be International-Meander-Slowly-Down-The-Street-Day today. Walking around at lunchtime was highly irritating, with everyone seemingly intent on wandering all over the footpaths, stopping at random occasions and just generally being as slow as possible. Drove me INSANE! Can't these people move over to one side to allow those of us who actually have somewhere to go, get there in the most time efficient manner possible???

Anyway, I purchased a couple of lovely shirts and a gorgeous tie from DJ's today...part of my little bonus splurge...the bulk of it I've been sensible and saved, but I did allow me a small amount to blow on whatever I felt like (plus an allowance to blow on my gorgeous McBrad).

I've also read that it's going to be 24 degrees Celcius and sunny on the weekend - it's almost summer weather! How fabulous is that going to be! I can't wait - it's practically beach weather. It's rather exciting actually...I was just thinking that I've not enjoyed an entire spring in Sydney for several years, having been in the UK/Europe for Sept/Oct of the last couple of years...in 2006 for "Monty's Shagging Tour of Europe" and 2007 which was basically "Monty's International Bloggers Meets" (and a few shags thrown in for fun - errr, not with the bloggers...just some random British boys). Anyway, it will be lovely to enjoy the change from the bare trees to the first buds (already happening) to the full blown bright zesty green leaves. I can't wait.

My brother Mark rang me from London yesterday...he and Sim are flying out Christmas day and will arrive Boxing Day morning and so we'll be having a slightly delayed Christmas down at the beach house which will be fantastic. But what he was ringing about was NYE. He wanted to know what we were doing, if we were going to one of the big dance parties, where we'll watch the fireworks from etc. The thing is, I couldn't really tell him what I was going to do as I need to talk to McBrad first. It was the first time that I couldn't just commit to something as I would've done 6 months ago. I don't mind, let me hasten to add, it's just different now that I'm one half of a couple. I'll have to chat to McBrad and see if he has thought about it, and we'll need to come to a decision as a couple. It's kinda nice actually.

So there's the few things that have been on my mind.

8 comments:

Mike said...

I can confirm it is International-Meander-Slowly-Down-The-Street-Day today. and the London finals were particularly exciting. I enjoyed the freestyle medley, where people put on a burst of speed to get just in front of you then stop abrubtly to gawp at nothing in particular.

NYE plans as a couple... that's so nice. I was just thinking how nice it would be to plan things with a special someone; and there you are doing it you lucky thing!

The Mutant said...

NYE plans as a couple? What a strange concept. Leone and I pretty much have it sorted that Christmas and New Years are off limits for time together due to family constraints. It makes things easier as far as organising oneself, but it's also a wee touch sad that I won't have him in my arms as the new year begins *sigh* Oh, now you've made me all sad and whistful!

Soul Seared Dreamer said...

Aww that's so sweet. Which ever way you look at it sounds a small price to pay for the benefits.

Tom said...

I think the International Meander Slowly day was run in conjunction with the International Ticket Turnstile Challenge Day which involves rudely pushing past someone to go through a train or ferry ticket gate and then stopping before fumbling around in their wallet to extract a ticket. Grrr.... if you don't have your ticket ready why push past.

PS. Ugh. I skipped past the mushy stuff again. Glad you're enjoying life with McB though! :)

James said...

Whenever my family from Brisbane or Lismore comes to visit, I find them so incredibly slow walking around the city.

Poobaba said...

Thank god someone else hates other people who wander all the over place and seem imcapable of walking in a straight line or having any sort of awareness to other people trying to get from A-B.

Out with anger in with love.

Darth Gateau said...

Every day is the Gulf Nations street dawdle special eventer. It's driving me a bit crazy but after a few paces of trying to get past I get all hot and cranky. Maybe there's method in their madness...

I remember bumping into on NYE last year at a huge dance party - who'd have thought, out of all of those people I'd run into you... in the toilets. Mind you, you were lurking around them quite a lot...

:)

Campbell said...

So what else has been on your mind lately Monty? It's been a while!

Labels