Friday, September 19, 2008

More Monty's Miscellaneous Musings...

I knew, it's been over a week since I last posted. And it's not like I've not been doing anything, I've been doing heaps. But, I think it's getting all rather repetitive...McBrad and I going to dinner, me in love with McBrad, life going along smashingly well blah blah blah. There's only so much mush that I can take, let alone you, my dear readers.

Anyway, it was a lovely weekend last - the temperature hit around 29 degrees Celcius on Saturday, and as McBrad was working, Noodle and I had the day together...bonding. It was a lovely day, playing in the park, taking her for a drive etc. Saturday night, we (McBrad and I) went to the Brandenburg Orchestra who were performing Handel's Water Music and Music for the Royal Fireworks (complete with pyrotechnics). FANTASTIC evening!

It's been quite splendid weather this week, albeit slightly cooler. But today is back to 27 degrees, flawless blue skies, buckets of sunshine and tomorrow is predicted to hit 31 degrees! Very Very Exciting!

Last night, McBrad had choir practice (he's in the Sydney Philharmonia Choir) and so I met up with him after that at 9.30pm. They rehearse at the STC Wharf in the Rocks and I actually turned up about 15 mins early. So I wondered down to the end of the street to harbour's edge, directly opposite Lunar Park. It was a glorious balmy evening and the moon was a warm golden colour, very low in the sky, just above the horizon. I've never really contemplated the Harbour Bridge from that aspect (normally from the city/Circular Quay side) and I've got to say, it's even nicer - the curve of the Bradfield Highway off the bridge is very apparent and would photograph quite well. I must remember to go down there one evening with my camera. Anyway, I just stood there for about 10 minutes and it was so calming, the dull roar of the vehicles way above me on the bridge, the moon rising above the apartments, the dark water of the harbour, the ferries chugging past me...delightful.

Anyway, that's about it. I told you, nothing that spectacular. Oh, apart from the fact that I received my Kylie tickets on Tuesday!!! Wahoooo! Very excited about that!

It has been flat out at work...good flat out by the way. Unless you've been under a rock, you'll be aware of the turbulence in the financial markets recently. Here in Oz, it's not had as significant an impact as it has in the US and UK. But even so, people are skittish and nervous, which has worked very much in the favour of my employer - one of the Big 4 banks in Australia. I've had clients transferring megabucks from other institutions over to us, because we are perceived as being a solid, safe, conservative institution. So it's been quite a successful week for me, and next week promises to be the same. So, as in all situations, there's winners (us) and losers (everyone else).

Well, hope everyone has a great, sunny, warm weekend!

7 comments:

Tom said...

So, McBrad is a Choir Boy! :)

It is a good view of the bridge from down there - the next time I see it from there I'll have 2km to go of my 21.1... So probably won't be in much of a state to admire the view! :)

Monty said...

Tom, you crazy cat, you seriously need to stop and smell the flowers and admire the view instead of all this frantic exercise stuff! :-)

Good luck on the run btw!

Adaptive Radiation said...

Yay...Kylie. It will be good to get the Sydney perspective and compare respective concerts.

Charlie said...

Monty, glad things are working out well for you and McBrad. Kylie will be fabulous. Does McBrad sing you to sleep at night then?

How do you manage to get so much time with McBrad? Time together was only something that I could have dreamt of with someone who'll remain nameless.

Englishman in London said...

Hey you

Enjoy Kylie - seen the show twice now and both times I loved it, and her.

Last concert was O2 and she brought tears to my eyes, 'I should be so lucky' she threw in at the end and I felt pretty overwhelmed.

Also had to laugh as Ist had never heard it before, so I loved singing along, whilst he gawped! Ha

The Mutant said...

Honestly Monty, if there were a post where you didn't mention McBrad I think I'd be forced to call an ambulance for you as clearly, that shit aint right.

Could you please send some of that weather down here, we've had glimpses of it, but for the most part it's still shitty here.

Now as for this supposed financial rubbish, is it real? I mean really, is it?

Monty said...

English, it's a matter of a good diary system...we compare our respective diaries each Sunday night for the week ahead and once a month for the month ahead.

EIB, just the mental image of you singing I Should Be So Lucky is enough to scare me! What would your students think of you if they saw you in full voice? LOL

Kezza, there is one or two posts in the last 6 months that haven't included my gorgeous McBrad. :-)

Labels