Monday, September 22, 2008

Salad days...

Well, the weather has been sensational over the past few days. The weekend was spectacular, with gorgeous blue skies, light breezes and around 30 degrees Celcius. And it's at this time of year that I start getting serious cravings for salad! I have always loved salads...a love engendered as a child growing up in hot North Queensland where salad tasted much better than hot vegetables. And so, over the past week, I've been dosing up big time. Caesar salad is always a great choice, particularly with chicken. But my favourite is actually just a mix of green leaf, lots of corn, carrot, eshallots, tasty cheese (or occasionally feta), capsicum and boiled egg, with just a nice drizzle of home made dressing (my mum's recipe). I can eat a plate piled high with this kind of salad. And then some! Yummmmmmo!

Which is also quite good, going into summer, as I figure it's not so fattening. You may not think that this is such a problem for me, given my well documented battle to put on weight. Well, the battle is over I reckon, as I'm now developing a little spare tyre around my middle. It's a new thing for me, and the exercise regime that I'm following is pretty much just a weights only thing, no cardio. And so while I'm still building muscle mass, with my arms and legs and chest developing nicely, my gut has made its debut appearance! Eeek! So last week, now that the weather is warming up and the days are lengthening, I started walking home after gym. It's actually quite a pleasant time to walk home...there's still light in the sky, but the lights of the city are beginning to twinkle on the harbour. It's balmy and so I don't get too hot, even though I'm powering my way home. So hopefully, that will start making a difference to my little gut! I think I shall also have a chat to Muzbot as he seems to have been highly successful in developing a very nice flat tummy indeed!

Anyway, that's about it. This weekend, McBrad and I will celebrate 6 months together! How cool is that! Still amazes me that IT has actually happened - that which I'd been hoping for and dating what seems like hundreds of guys for - and things are settling down really well. I still find it amazing that after an ever changing diet of men for 18 months, I'm thoroughly enjoying my McBrad-only diet! I still think he's the sexiest man alive and can't keep my hands off him and just snogging him is enough to make me "shwing". He's just sooooo HOT!!! Anyway, I'm getting all hot and bothered here and it's probably not the right forum! Just believe me when I say, this is one very satisfied (smuggly so) Monty! But better still, he makes me happy, and I think I make him so as well (well, I do my best anyway). Saturday, he's working and I'm going to get up early (5:30am in fact) and go to the markets and buy up buckets of Oriental Lillies. He loves their fragrance and I'm going to put them all over his house so that when he comes home, it'll be rich with their hot heavy scent! But that's just the start of festivities. More about that to come.

Enjoy your week everyone! :-)

12 comments:

Darwin said...

Wow! Can't believe it's almost 6 months! Congrats...

Charlie said...

Omg, you are so romantic and delectable. If it wasn’t for McBrad, I’d eat you over salad any day. I love flowers and the scent they give off, I used to grow lavender by the frontdoor to welcome me home until I got tied of friends stubbing out their fag butts in the soiland killing off the plants.

No seriously, the most romantic my ex got was to take his shoes and socks off before I’d get home and make himself comfortable on the couch despite me getting him a rose on our 1st date and surprising him with romantic gestures every week. Romance was rationed, I found - sod's law, I suppose.

It hardly needs saying that different men pursue different qualities, but can be worth remembering that different people desire and love in different ways. Reflecting on how you love, and how McBrad sees love, can be beneficial and see you through to the 12 months anniversary and beyond.

Good luck matey.

Tom said...

Tasty Cheese? Classy man Monty! Tell me it's not Coon Tasty! LOL. You don't need to unwrap that - you can just grate it - the plastic packaging adds flavour. :P

I could do with advice from the Muz too in that regard. I do LOADS of cardio but buggerall weights, and still have a winter tummy to get rid of... Maybe I need to do more weights and you need to do more cardio. See you on the running track? LOL.

Darth Gateau said...

I love a good salad too but in Australia it's always spoiled by beetroot! How can anyone enjoy a vegetable that bleeds?!! It's unnatural I tell ya!

I also like lillies but after a while the smell gives me a headache. I'm a bit sensitive me...

Soul Seared Dreamer said...

Congrats on the 6 months anni B.

Mike said...

Oh how romantic. That's ging to be really special. I hope he shows his appreciation in the nicest possible way ;-)

Phil said...

Congrats on the 6 months Monty! It is amazing how fast the time goes.
Phil x

Anonymous said...

Basically I just wanted to say hi - I noticed your blog randomly, and quite liked it, and decided to read it on a regular basis, - but for such an occasion just "hi" is so not enough! Congratulations! I can identify so much with the feelings you describe here.

Vlad

The Mutant said...

I dunno Monty, I'm all good with a salad, but they're not a fave of mine. Yours sounds alright though, I think the problem I have is with 'fancy' lettuce - I find it bitter, good ol' iceberg is where it's at for me!

Congrats on the six months, if anyone ever filled my house with flowers for me it'd be swoon central let me tell you!

Anonymous said...

6 months!!! Where did that time go? Congrats and celebrate well Monty!

Anonymous said...

Wow, you admit you LOVE salad, and could live off it, yet only a few weeks ago were acting like "Vegetarians" were from mars!!!

Hmmm.

H

Muzbot said...

Well done on the milestone. You seem a much happier and content person these days. :)

... It actually only took me a little dedication to lose the weight. Daily walk to work and jog or run home is all I've been doing. My diet hasn't changed but I did cut back on the alcohol (a lot) ...

Labels