Friday, September 05, 2008

I'm loving this at the moment...

OK, this probably seems very crass but I actually listened (for the first time) to the lyrics of Danni's first really big hit "This Is It" the other day and at the risk of sounding shallow, it's exactly how it was with McBrad and I.

This is it
This time I know it's the real thing
I can't explain what I'm feeling
I'm lost for words
I'm in a daze
Stunned and amazed
By your open ways

You smiled at me
And suddenly
The wheels of love began to turn inside of me
Hey, you said hello
Oh, I felt aglow
Right then and there I knew I'd never let you go
'Cos I know...I know

Oh, the touch of you
Is something new
Nobody ever made me feel the way you do
Whoo, it's heavenly
Oh it's ecstasy
The way you make me feel when you make love to me
Oh yeah...Can't you see

This is it
This time I know it's the real thing
and I can't explain what I'm feeling
I'm lost for words
I'm in a daze
Stunned and amazed
By your open ways
This is it
Oh yeah yeah yeah

The prose aint Tolstoy, but you get the drift. I love the upbeat feel of the song - I always feel like dancing to it - and because it says how I feel about McBrad, it's rocketed up the list of faves on my iPod.

Anyway, that's about it for this week. Having a fairly quiet weekend - dinner party on Sat is about the wildest it will get. Otherwise, it's sleeping in both days, coffee and bruch with the puppy and me staring blissfully into McBrad's eyes. Y'know, the usual.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

5 comments:

The Mutant said...

I've never heard anyone tout Dannii as a beacon of love before, but there you go. I'm glad I'm not the only one who suffers from the Dannii addiction. I'll often find myself, when work gets hectic (or when they call out of hours) singing "so under pressure" as a laugh, but if I had to identify with a single track from the lesser Minogue it would be "all I wanna do" especially:

Take a look inside my heart, tell me what you think you see, I may not be the innocent girl that you keep inside your dreams.

And of course, I'm also a wee bit fond of the very obvious:

All I wanna do, all I wanna do, all I wanno do is touch you.

She's a delight isn't she! Thank you for the insight, Disco-Midget!

Cahill's Rest said...

Maybe you could get Dannii to sing at your wedding....or better still she could be the celebrant.

Muzbot said...

I've got my hand in the air as a Dannii fan too. But Monty, you know I have such good taste in pop too.

How about these Dannii lyrics? Do these ring true at all?
Put the needle on it
I'll tell you where I want it
C'mon and spin me on it


:)

Darth Gateau said...

'fraid I'm not a Danii fan - she's kinda shockingly unpopular here in the UK but I do love "Put the Needle On It"

Adaptive Radiation said...

Monty,

Your Shania Twain post just got pipped.

Ad Rad

Labels