Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Tuesday night...

...and I'm here at home (well, McBrad's home, but it feels pretty much like home to me), Poison (Alice Cooper) is on and dinner is in the oven. Oh, and now Haddaway (is that how you spell it?) has come on. Glass of chardy is being consumed rather quickly.

Anyway, I sat my exam yesterday and think I did ok. To be honest, as long as I get a Pass, I'll be happy. It's exceedingly dull stuff. But it's good that it's all over...for this year anyway. Not going to start the next one until 2009 so I have a few months off which is bloody marvellous!

I've come to realize over the last couple of weeks just what a commitment having a pet is. Noodle consumes my time at home. Being a Groodle (which is a Golden Retriever/Poodle cross), she's got the insatiable desire to retrieve stuff and so is always dropping (very subtle this one) her favourite toy at my feet, so that I can throw it and she can run and retrieve it. It's very endearing but after a while, I just want to concentrate on what I'm doing. I've got to wake up earlier than normal so that I can take her for a run before I go to work. I've got to come home after work and feed her and walk/run/play with her. It's normally well after 7:30pm before I can get to making my dinner etc. And she has an burning curiosity about everything I do - particularly if it has anything to do with food. She is such a sweet tempered thing and is the most social puppy I know, but she is a big responsibility. It's not something I would've thought possible even 12 months ago but she's a responsibility that I have willingly taken on as a surrogate father whilst my gorgeous McBrad is away. It's one less thing he has to worry about and is one thing that I can do to support him.

Anyway, the official count down has begun - only 6 1/2 days until I see McBrad again! So it's only around 150 hrs to go!!! I've missed him so much!

Pet Shop Boys is on now. I was talking to my brother Mark yesterday and he mentioned to me that it's only 9 weeks until Christmas which blew me away! It's come around so quickly. It's also quite exciting as Mark and Sim are flying over from the UK and will be staying for 3 weeks! They fly in the morning of Boxing Day and so we'll meet at the beach house and have a slightly delayed Christmas! (McBrad and I will be here in Sydney for Christmas Day itself and will probably just have a lunch or dinner with some friends) So it will be great to catch up with them (and the rest of the boys - there'll be 8 of us down the coast) and spend some time in the sun and at the beach and eating, drinking and relaxing. It will also be good because McBrad will be able to spend a bit more time with Mark and Sim and get to know them better. After all, Mark's my only family member that McBrad is likely to get to know in the forseeable future anyway.

And now Tina Turner has come on. And on that note, I think I shall leave you. Ciao!

6 comments:

Mike said...

Just wait till Noodle develops the inevitable taste for international travel.

James said...

I know I'm an ABBA fan with an unhealthy interest in Swedish pop, generally, but honey, you really need to update your ipod!:)

Tom said...

@ James... Monty was the man who had an iPod untouched in a box for six months remember - not sure he knows how to update the songs! :)

So Monty, have you enjoyed being Noodle's pack leader? Sounds like she's take to you pretty well... if she's anything like my labrador I had when I was growing up though she'll love anyone who can give her food! :)

Darth Gateau said...

I miss dogs. No-one here has them. In fact, no-one here has pets. There are lots of stray cats about. But I miss dogs.

Monty said...

Mike, if she develops a taste for international travel, it's going to be her father who foots the bill, not I! LOL

James, I know. And you haven't seen the worst of it! Trust me.

Tom, I actually took my iPod out of the box straight away - just didn't get onto iTunes for about 6 months. Get your facts straight! ;-) And yes, she does love anyone who feeds her.

T said...

Yes our dog is over 11 years which makes him a pensioner = he now gets half way thru the walk and wants to head homewards ! The dog is making me less fit as I am walking for shorter and shorter distances !!

Labels