Wednesday, October 08, 2008

McSad...

My gorgeous man McBrad received some dreadful news yesterday lunch - his mum (in Scotland) passed away quite suddenly. Naturally, he was devastated and when he rang me to tell me, he was sobbing which just broke my heart. I rushed up to his work to see him, but all I could do was hold him. I took him home, but thankfully, the afternoon was full of activity as we had to get him booked on the next flight home, and get him prepared for that and to deal with his stuff here in Australia for the next couple of weeks, so there wasn't time for him to dwell on the news. I'm going to stay at his place and house sit, and puppy-sit as well so it's going to be a fairly busy time for me. Anyway, I put him on his plane this afternoon and bade a very sad farewell to him.

It's just such a hard thing - I feel so helpless in the face of his grief - but I was glad at least that I was there for him. It's going to be a long, lonely couple of weeks for me whilst he's over there so expect lots of folorn type posts to come.

:-(

13 comments:

Volodya said...

Oh my. I am so sorry. My condolences to McBrad.. and I wish lots of patience and strength to you, I guess you'll need it now, when he's away....

Campbell said...

I'm sure McBrad is comforted by having you 'there for him', helpless though that may feel for you Monty. Take care over the coming weeks.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you 'did good' Monty...
Grief is always hard, and unexpected loss more so, but you were there to support McBrad in his grief which is a sign of your love.
Hang in there, and condolences to McBrad

Tom said...

Poor guy. Been there, done that. Not a nice experience. Pass on my best wishes to him.

Be strong for him.

Muzbot said...

He's a lucky man to have a friend in you at a time like this. Keep your chin up and pass on my condolences to him.

Charlie said...

I share all the feelings of all the sentiments in comments above; McBrad sure is lucky to have you though remember bereavement is one of the most painful emotions the human body has to deal with during our lifetime. The pain McBrad will be feeling right now may seem almost unbearable for him at times; make you sure you offer a listening ear, friendly support and advice with comforting words and SMS messages on those lonely days and nights apart these next few weeks so that he feels that his Monty will be there for him for as long as need be. Be strong matey x

Single Guy said...

That is very sad. Living overseas away from family that is the type of news I always dread too:( Good thing you are there to support him.

K said...

So sad to hear. Condolences to McBrad. Be strong for him.

Mike said...

I'm sure you can help McBrad through this difficult time; I'm sorry for his loss and for your lonliness. Be thinking of you both. X

Adaptive Radiation said...

Condolensces to McBrad. Such things can be difficult on partners too so my thoughts are with you as well.

T said...

Yes well everyone has said it already.

My thoughts are with you both.

Phil said...

Same here Monts, my thoughts are with you both.
Phil x

Poobaba said...

I'm so sorry to hear your bad news, at least you are part of his life and can be his rock as he'll need something stable and happy to help him over his loss.
Nick x

Labels