Saturday, October 25, 2008

Dot Points...

. I passed my exam - received the confirmation on Friday! Yay! One subject down, 7 to go! UG!

. Collected the mail on Thursday night and there was an envelope addressed to: McBrad and Monty! Yes, that's right, our first ever jointly addressed mail. I was very excited. It was a wedding invitation from a couple of McBrad's friends who are getting married in January.

. There's about 6 large hedge-type bushes in the back yard at McBrad's. Before he left, we talked about removing them as they've kinda outgrown themselves, they're blocking all the nice sunshine and they also serve to make the backyard look smaller. McBrad sent me an email last week asking if I could get some quotes from some nice tradesmen types to remove them. I thought, in my enthusiasm of having done that little garden the other week, that I would try to dig them up myself. I dug one up this afternoon. I'm now ringing up tradesmen types to remove the rest. It's a killer - I've got blisters on my soft white office worker's hands and I'm exhausted!

. It's been really busy at work this week too!

. Had dinner with my mate Evan on Thursday night. We haven't had dinner for ages - between our respective schedules, work, holidays, other halves, it's been challenging to meet up! But we did and it was great to see him again. He and McDreamy are still going strong - 18 months and counting.

. McBrad is back on Tuesday at 7.10am! I've taken the day off! I'll let you imagine what you will about what I plan to do with/to him for the day! ;-)

. I like my job and my clients generally, but it's starting to irritate me when they ring up about the Government Guarantee of their deposits. The government initially provided an unlimited guarantee however is now changing that to limit the guarantee to $1M. Anything over that, they'll have to pay a fee to have the guarantee extended. I have had a couple of clients ring me and complain about how exposed they feel, with "only" $1M guaranteed and how dare the government make them pay a fee to extend the guarantee. I mean, seriously guys, be thankful you have a million dollars in the bank in the first place - the vast majority of people are lucky to have a few thousand in their accounts. In any case, there is very little chance that any of the banks in Australia are going to go belly up - the Australian financial system is quite robust and the banks are still very profitable.

. This post is a lot bigger than I initially thought it would be.

. That's it. Nothing more to say. :-)

3 comments:

Tom said...

Congratulations on the exam!

Well, I don't know about you but I've moved $1m into each bank so it's all covered. :P

Are you going to collect McBrad from the airport? How sweet! Have you arranged an afternoon viewing of the gardening staff for him? It's supposed to be warm on Tuesday so there'll be no need for shirts. :P

PS: I found a great doggy shop earlier and thought you might like to buy Noodle an iBone for Christmas. :)

Muzbot said...

Congrats on the exam and good luck with the 7 to go.

Mike said...

Congratulations from me too. Sounds like you're event busier than me! All the best gorgeous.

Labels