Friday, October 17, 2008

Busy busy busy...

Yes, dear friends and readers, I've been flat out this week! Work has been full on (nice for a change) and so I've been exhausted when I get home every day! Not that it's the end of it for me...I'm a step-father now (to Noodle) and so once I get home, she needs to be fed and then walked so it's around 7:30pm by the time I can start making dinner etc. But we're beginning to settle down to a routine which is good.

I also agreed to go with my friend Jacqui to the movies on Wed night - we had free tickets to see "Brideshead Revisited" - a lush, beautiful movie, but thoroughly depressing. The musical score is excellent. Don't see it if you need a pick-me-up!

McBrad and I have talked a few times, despite the awful time difference, and whilst it's lovely to hear his voice, it also makes me miss him more!!! Only 10 days until he gets back however and I'm counting down every day!!! One thing I have noticed is that his Scottish accent has become much stronger since being there...I'm back to asking him to repeat every second word he says!

I did originally plan to take McBrad down to the beach house this weekend but of course, he's not here. I did think about taking Noodle down myself and having a quiet weekend, just chilling out, reading, eating, sleeping and gardening, however realized that I have an exam on Monday, and so it's head down, bum up studying all weekend! Grrrrroooan!

I was only thinking about McBrad the other night (now that's something unusual...ha ha) and how comfortable I feel in this relationship; more importantly, how secure I feel. I know that for the first couple of months, I was paranoid that it would end, that McBrad would turn up one day and dump me...it all just seemed too perfect and easy. But now, it really feels like it's a real relationship, one that will last. I still keep pinching myself that I've snagged me such a gorgeous man of course. It was funny, the other night (Sat) when I met up with my mate Dan for a few beers, we were standing there making commentary on every guy that walked past - there were some serious shockers out there, some fairly average ones, and a few hotties. The hotties were hot, but there was NIL interest from me - I admired them, checked out their nice pecs, perky arses etc, but it felt more like artistic appreciation rather than the lustful looks that I would've had in the past, pre-McBrad. I think he's HOT HOT HOT, even though I know he doesn't have the best body on the block. But it doesn't matter to me, he soooo turns me on it's not funny. It's that absolutely fatal combination of physical lust AND emotional connection that makes what we have just magnificent!!!

Anyway, you knew I'd have to have include a McBrad commentary - I can't avoid it.

I hope everyone has a lovely weekend!!!

4 comments:

Volodya said...

This entry is extraordinary sweet. You guys are an adorable couple. Just keep it this way!

Have a lovely weekend too :)

Anonymous said...

We don't care McBrad oozes from every pore of your body. It's called L.O.V.E.

Maybe, when he gets back, it's time to move in...

Charlie said...

Sounds lovely B, keep it up:)

Volodya said...

Oh and by the way - you have just been tagged - would be cool if you write something about addictions sometime!

Labels