Sunday, October 19, 2008

Conflict...

I had to deal with conflict this weekend...on the one hand, I had some serious study to do, for my exam on Monday. On the other hand, it was a totally magnificent weekend in Sydney, with temps in the mid to high 20's (degrees Celcius) and perfect blue skies! It was very hard, let me say. But I did manage to get some study in and will be doing more this evening. Thankfully, my exam is at noon Monday which means that I can study some more in the morning, do my exam and then go to work. Work is very understanding in this respect.

Anyway, I went to the Noodle markets on Friday night, and met up with the very charming and thoroughly modern Colin. I had originally arranged to meet up with him straight after work on Friday and we were going to walk up to Hyde Park from there, however I realized that now I'm a step-father, I did have to go home first, feed and walk my Noodle, and then I could go to the Noodle Markets. So it was a somewhat late appearance by yours truly, and by that time, the queues for food were miles long! So, I thought 'stuff it' and just had a couple of glasses of wine instead! hic! It was a relaxing evening and after a few more drinks at one of his friend's birthday party in the Cross, I headed home via a less than salubrious fast food establishment! It always tastes soooo good at 10pm after a few drinks!

Anyway, Saturday was a more relaxed day, just Noodle and I really. I took her to a beach suggested by fellow blogger Mike. The beach is right next to the main runway at the airport so it was somewhat noisy, but Noodle loved it! She was a bit tentative at first, but once she had a small paddle in the shallows, she really got into it!

Today, I was determined to study study study however a friend messaged me with an invitation to the beach at 2:30pm and my resolved weakened seriously! It was so lovely and warm and the words were beginning to dissolve into one another and so I thought maybe a break was called for. And so a very pleasant couple of hours was spent soaking up the sun and chatting. Now, it's back to the grindstone. Noodle's been fed and walked and I'm about to get myself fed too and then, more delights of the Australian financial system, superannuation, post-retirement income streams and estate planning!

I certainly hope everyone has had a marvellous weekend!

3 comments:

Tom said...

Good luck with your exam! Hope they've updated it for the post-credit-crunch!

Darth Gateau said...

bad Monty!! All that skiving off!! Get cracking with those books!

Adaptive Radiation said...

Mid to high 20s eh? It's only 10 degrees in Gothenburg today :-(

Labels