Tuesday, April 29, 2008

One Month Anniversary...

Today, it's our one month anniversary! It's pretty exciting for me, because I've not made it that far before! Wahooo! Hopefully, many more anniversaries to come!

I've bought him a pair of pajama bottoms - funky ones from Peter Alexander. (My friend Jacqui bought me a pair for my birthday and I LOVE 'em) Mind you, I'm not planning on him actually wearing them in bed...hell no!!! But now that he's got a flatmate (moved in over the weekend), we'll have to be a bit more dressed around his place. And so PJ's are the perfect gift...well, I hope so anyway!

We're not doing anything major tonight...just going to dinner and then a movie. But, I haven't seen him since Sunday evening when we returned from the beach house, so I'm fanging to see him again!

I just can't believe how good this feels! On Sunday, on the drive back from the coast, we were discussing relationship issues, which, while challenging in some respects, was great to do. I'm delighted that he's taking this as seriously as I am.

I was just looking over my Perfect Man Meme that I wrote back in July last year and he's fitting the bill almost perfectly! I say "almost" as no-one is ever going to be perfect, there's always going to be something that isn't ideal...and not just about him - me too! I'm certainly not perfect - hell, anyone who's read this blog for a while will know that! But when I wrote that meme, I was looking for THAT MAN. But having had my disappointments over the past year, I'd realized that I couldn't be so rigid in my application of my criteria. Which has allowed me to open myself up and I've met some fantastic guys as a consequence. And so the ironic thing is, McBrad's come the closest to meeting the criteria...and I wasn't even applying it to him! How good is that!

Oh, did I tell you that he's also the HOTTEST man on the planet? ;-) Monty's smitten!

8 comments:

Single Guy said...

WOW! good for you Monty! Congrats...can't wait to meet him!

T said...

I am just to happy you are sooooo happy.

But a bit like NSSG's blog it was almost more intesresting to hear the ups and downs than hear all this perfect happiness drivel.

lol XXX

Monty said...

Trust me TC, I'm sure there'll be ups and downs...it's still in the "honeymoon" phase so it's all up and up at the moment!

SG - you'll meet him at Impro Tropicano - I'm bringing him!!! :-)

Anonymous said...

This is the first time I leave a comment here. Been reading your blog for a long time but too shy to leave any comment.
This time I think I should write something because I feel very happy for you, Monty. I admire you for a long time. I think you're a very nice guy. It's lucky for anyone to be with you.
Congratulations on your one month anniversary. Hope you're both doing well, and look forward to having more good news from you too.

xx

Soul Seared Dreamer said...

Ahhh Monty.. stop or I'm gonna choke up.. I'm so happy for you.

Give Brad a hug from me.. for making you so damn happy.

Hugs

Mike said...

Wow, so good to read your blog today! Congratulations. AND your meme was just great too.

I think pyjamas are the perfect gift...

Adaptive Radiation said...

Congrats Monty. My partner and I have been going out for over a year now and the honey moon still hasn't ended. I bought him pj's soon after we started dating too!

Wishing you many more happy anniversaries to come.

Best,
Ad Rad

Sunshine said...

PJs - what a great idea. Shame Sam doesn't wear any. ;)

Labels