Thursday, April 03, 2008

Two degrees of separation...

Another splendid night spent with Brad last night...the best yet!!! But something came up which threw me off somewhat. We discovered that we have a mutual acquaintance - PC. I met PC in Dec 2006 and we had a few dates - it was a nice little fling that lasted about a month. Nothing in depth or serious. Since then, we've kept in loose contact - I occasionally see him as he's also friends of NSSG and so he pops up at the same gatherings. We've also had the odd chat now and then on MSN and we've had coffee a couple of times.

But when we realized last night that we both knew him, I was a bit thrown. Should I reveal to Brad that I've, errm, been intimate with PC? Brad, as it turns out, went on a couple of dates with PC but they never went there! I really didn't know what to say, panicked and so simply said that I knew PC through my friendship with NSSG.

I now feel rotten about that. I will tell him tonight and hope that he forgives my little white lie. But I hope that it won't affect what we have. It's been well over a year, more like 14 months, since PC and I last shagged, and there is totally nothing there between us. When we meet, it's as acquaintances and we have a nice chat and that's it. I feel nothing romantically for him and I'm sure that it's a reciprocal lack of feeling. But I suppose that's the challenge in the Sydney gay community - everyone has slept with everyone! There's only one or two degrees of separation! I just hope Brad sees it that way.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's what you get when you sleep around so much ;) over the last two years!
All the Gay boys in Sydney you're atracted to have been shagged... except Mbot.

Cahill's Rest said...

welcome to sydney! It's more like half a degree of separation....don't worry about telling him Monty.....not now....maybe when u've been going out for 6 mths...but not in the first 6 days!

Victor said...

"Everyone has slept with everyone"....mmmmm how come I've missed out :-)

Darth Gateau said...

There is definitely a shallower pool in Sydney. Mind you, in London that kind of surprise still rears it's ugly head and there's at least a gajillion gays here.

It shouldn't matter tho - you've both dabbled with the same guy - shows you have one more thing in common and have the same kind of tastes - it's a positive thing!

Anonymous said...

you might find that he fesses up to exactly the same white lie...!

T said...

Surely he won't be too shocked !!!

yani said...

And if he does get overly shocked, well, do you really want to be in a relationship with somebody who gets bent out of shape about somebody you had a fling with nearly a year and a half ago... just explain it to him the way you explained it to us (well, the panic bit, you can probably leave the "nice little fling" comment out ;P) and he should be fine :)

Now... deep breaths Monty... ;)

Mike said...

On my first ever trip to New Zealand I somehow managed to shag the ex-boyfriend of the only person I knew in that country.

Single Guy said...

who is PC? blogger? LOL! Brad? I cannot keep up with ya!

Englishman in London said...

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha

Can't stop smiling . . .

And the high ground becomes mine once again!

Great : ))

What could you expect chum - you have been going at the men of Aus, and other continents, like the world is about to end!

Be honest from the start!

Labels