Thursday, April 10, 2008

Birthday boy...

7am today, I'm lying in bed, enjoying that delicious feeling when you're halfway between asleep and awake when my mobile rings! It's Mark, my brother in London, wishing me a happy birthday! And then I remember, it's my birthday! Yep, that's right folks, Monty is one year older...I'm now 37! Eek! Only 3 years off that age!

But I've gotta say, I'm having a much better birthday this year than I did last year! I was a miserable git last birthday but it's amazing the difference a year makes! I've got a morning tea that work is putting on in about 15 mins; tonight, I'm meeting up with a bunch of friends at The Dolphin Hotel in Crown St for a couple of quiet bevvies and then I'm staying over at McBrad's tonight for a birthday shag! LOL Actually, it's a bit exciting because he's going to be meeting my friends tonight at the pub! It's always a bit nerve wracking but also exciting! Last night, at my workout, my nazi trainer Greg gave me a bottle of wine (a McLaren Vale Shiraz which is just perfect) which was really lovely of him...and totally unexpected!

And 5am tomorrow, I'm getting up (that's not going to be fun) and off to the airport to catch the Singapore Airlines A380 - off to Thailand (Phuket) for a week long celebration for Mark's 40th! I can't wait!!! It's strange thinking that I won't be seeing McBrad for 9 whole days/nights - we've spent soooo much time together over the past couple of weeks (think I've slept maybe 3 nights at home since meeting him) and so it will be weird not seeing him. But as my good friend EIB mentioned in an email to me the other night, it will be good to get away and obtain some perspective on things. And to eat lots of food, drink lots of alcohol, sit in the sun, bathe in the tepid sea, loll about in hammocks underneath swaying palms and all that stuff! It's 28 - 30 degrees Celcius there - so it will be a return to summer which will be lovely.

So it's all good! Don't know how much blogging I'll be able to do in Thailand, but will endeavour to do my best! I'm back on the 20th so worst case, there'll be lots of catch-up blogging to do! :-)

14 comments:

yani said...

Hardy Birsday To Chew
Hardy Birsday To Chew
Hardy Birsday Dear Montifourousness
Hardy Birsday To Cheeeeeew!

Who knew you had the same birthday as Charlie Hunnam!

Many happy returns for the day, and I hope the birthday shag goes well... and you come back from Thailand with lots of stories to share ;)

Cahill's Rest said...

Happy Birthday M! Hope you have a great day and a super time in Thailand!

Anonymous said...

♫ ♫ Er is er een jarig hoera, hoera, en daarom zingen wij blij... ♫ ♫
Congrats B. have a great day and a wonderful holiday!

Poobaba said...

I can't believe it I've not read you blog for about two weeks and so much has happened in your life. Being Scottish myself I can testify that the men are 100% pure beef.

Happy bleated birthday it sounds as if you have found your ideal present. Keep me updated xoxo

Darth Gateau said...

Happy Birthday. Enjoy Thailand. Don't get burned in the sun. Eat vast amounts of yummy stuff!

Phil said...

Happy Birthday Monts! I'm so sorry I missed your birthday drinks, it completely slipped my mind until I read this tonight!! *sighs* I hope you have had a great day, and I hope you have a great time in Thailand. As you say, it will be good for you to have a break at this stage so you can assess your true feelings - which I reckon you already know ;-)
Enjoy the sun!
Love
Phil
x

Anonymous said...

Dear Monty, Have a very Happy Birthday. Hope you have a great day, and wishing you all the best in the year ahead!

hmmm...now that the formalities are over, have a great holiday in Thailand! Watch out for those lady-boys, they can be ferocious...especially since you've been working out

James said...

I'm guessing you won't be reading your blog right now, as it's after midnight. Too busy shagging, I'm guessing. But hope it's been a fabbo birthday.

Campbell said...

Hey Monty,
Hope you had a great birthday. What a year it's been. Hoping the next 12 months is full of yet more excitement and fun.....and love.....
Have a great holiday too.
xx

Mike said...

Happy Birthday Mr Monty. I hope you have a great holiday and all the best for you and McBrad. Thanks for all your comments and advice ;-)

Mike x.

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a swell birthday! Sorry I missed you for the quiet bevvies. Have a great time in Thailand. xx

GB said...

Yeah m8, hope you had a very happy birthday, and a gr8 time in Thailand :-).

Love and kisses, GB xxx

Englishman in London said...

What do you mean 'eek'?

Can tell you that being 40 is great. Feeling confident, self-assured, grown-up, ripe, alive, mature, whole, youthful, lustful, fulfilled, content, courageous, complete . . .

Monty said...

EA, Can tell you that being with a 40yr old Scotsman is great. I'm feeling confident & self-assured. He's grown-up, ripe, alive, mature, whole, youthful, lustful (boy is he lustful...he he he), fulfilled (well, now that he's met me anyway), content, courageous, complete (I'm certainly hoping so now that I'm around). ;-)

Monty! x

Labels