Saturday, March 22, 2008

Sleeping in...

I love sleeping in. There's absolutely no question that it is my utterly favourite thing to do on a weekend! And when it's a long weekend, well, it just means twice as many opportunities to sleep in. Today, however, I was determined to get up at the unheard of hour of 9am! I even set my alarm to wake me at 8.35am to ensure that it happened. 8.35am came and on switched ABC Classic FM. And what did I do? I vaguely woke up, had a stretch in bed, and revelling in the delicious feeling of being under blankets on a cool'ish morning, rolled over and snoozed! 9am came, the news came on and I popped my head out from underneath the covers. 9.05am and the news over, I once again submerged. Didn't end up dragging myself out of bed until 10.30am! I am just hopelessly addicted to those long drawn out mornings in bed!

And it's been a lovely morning I must say. Walked down to the Grumpy Baker and had my morning long black with a ham and cheese croissant whilst reading the Saturday paper. (and if you remember reading my Easter post from last year, you'll understand how delightful it is to finally have found a place that serves H&C croissants over Easter). I've come back from that, finished my paper, caught up on a couple of blogs, and an email from The Tourist.

I'm just about to depart for a 2pm coffee with a nice man I've been chatting to on Gaydar. We'll see how it goes. I mentioned a couple of posts ago that I've been pretty quiet on the ol' online front this year, my time being occupied rather exclusively firstly with Mack and then The Tourist. Well, now that they're both in different continents, I've got back into the online thing, albeit not as exuberantly as I was last year.

And so, I had a couple of drinks with a lovely Englishman on Tuesday night, who, quite conveniently turned up on Friday night at the same pub I was at with my mate Dan. (OK, OK, I may possibly have let slip in an sms where I'd be) We're also doing dinner tonight so all seems good on that front. But I'm not sure about him...he seems very nice, he's handsome, charming, chatty and all that...but since The Tourist, my standards seem to have been raised somewhat! Surprising, given that it was just a 3 week holiday affair, but there was so much good stuff with TT, that I find myself looking for equivalent or better in every other guy now! Anyway, I'm giving this new Englishman the benefit of the doubt and we'll see how we go on date no. 3.

I've got to say, this weekend is highly unplanned...I've been just taking things as they come. I've actually started studying for my Diploma of Financial Planning - well, I haven't started studying, that is the problem. My first assigment is due 11th April and I've not even opened the book! So I think I will have to actually do some studying this weekend! UG!

Anyway, this is a bit of a rambling post...not a lot important stuff to report really!

Hope everyone else is having a great one! :-)

6 comments:

Sunshine said...

Unplanned events are the best. It seems to me that the more planned an event is, the more is the pressure to have fun, the least fun it'd turn out to be. It's all very enigmatic. :P

Anonymous said...

nothing wrong with having high standards since the tourist! It shows you have discerning taste.

Perhaps it is the cross comparisons that will diminish each new man you meet.

Just a thought....have fun Monty!

Tom said...

Well I've just arived in the uk so if it doesn't work out with mr internet you can give me a shopping list of what you're after I'll find you some english men here and post a selection back to you. :P

Campbell said...

I hope the weekend holds some fun and productivity for you Monty. I'll be thinking of you studying while I do the same thing!!

Darth Gateau said...

Zzzzz.

Me too! Bed is sometimes better than cake.
Cake in bed however...

I'll pick out a few eligible types for you and pass them to Tom who, apparently is in the UK.

Monty said...

Tom and DG, yes please! Send some nice British boys over Priority Post, marked for my attention!!! ;-)

Labels