Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Tourist...

Monty is a bit melancholy today. The Tourist has literally just flown out, winging his way to Singapore - the next stop in his round-the-world adventure.

It's been a sensational weekend - after the mountains on Saturday, it was a looooong sleep in Sunday followed by a lovely afternoon at Taronga Zoo. It actually worked out quite well, because from the Zoo, we had a spectacular view of the Speed Boat Grand Prix. So we managed to have ourselves a dandy time seeing all the animals as well as a bit of speed boat racing. And the day was just perfect weatherwise - a balmy 27 degrees C or so, brilliant blue skies, bright sunshine! I'll post a couple of pics tonight.

Following that, I drove him to South Head and we watched the sunset over the harbour - it was great, just sitting there, quietly chatting, chuckling at his lame jokes, enjoying the magnificent views. We must have sat there for about 90 minutes.

We then drove into town, back to his hotel room where we had a shower and changed and strolled down to Circular Quay to the restaurant that we had dined at the previous Sunday. I had to work yesterday, so I left him around 11pm and drove home and crashed big time!

Yesterday, he was running around organizing the next few weeks worth of travel/accommodation etc but still found time to pop into my office for 20 mins just to say hello! I had a gym session between 5 and 6pm and so we arranged to meet up after that for drinks and dinner. And then, after that, we said goodbye and that wasn't easy.

I was feeling quite sad indeed coming home last night. I have had 3 awesome long weekends with TT. We've partied hard, we've had quiet nights at home watching TV; we've had outdoor adventures and plenty of indoor adventures - we have just had FUN!!! He certainly took my mind of Mack that's for sure! And in the process, I've made myself a great friend!

He just sent me an email from the airport which was very sweet - "It was fantastic to meet you, and I'm actually quite miserable that I have to leave! Thanks for being such a great bloke while I was in Sydney. I couldn't have made a better friend while I was here."

It's quite good that I'm busy this week - I have a client seminar to attend tonight, and tomorrow night, I'm meeting up with Yani, Tom and Andrew for a bit of a mini bloggers meet! So I won't have time to dwell on TT.

And, knowing me, I'll have gotten over it by Friday! I've promised to take Jacqui and one of her visiting Irish friends Lena out dancing to Palms so it will be a fun night! Just the thing to distract me! And then, I'll be back in the swing of things!

I must say, I've noticed myself how much better I am at just living in the moment and not dwelling too much on the future as far as relationships are concerned. So what that it was only just over 3 weeks with TT - it was a marvellous 3 weeks! And I've got a friend now that I didn't have 3 weeks ago! I think I've matured a bit in this respect, better able to handle these ups and downs in my life! So, despite my melancholy mood, I'm still feeling positive!

4 comments:

Sh@ney said...

Could not have said it any better than you already did babe!
Great outlook and am glad you had such an awesome time.
huggles....
P.s What happened to McDreamy's Blog?

Darth Gateau said...

well done you!
Get back out there and cruise boys!

Cahill's Rest said...

Ah Monty what a wonderful summer affair you've had! Three weeks is just right with an international visitor...I love them.. they are the best to have..unfortunately I never get them....my affairs are either three hours or three years!

C

Soul Seared Dreamer said...

Thats a great way to look at it.

Now go forth young man. Tmrw is another day.

Labels