Monday, March 24, 2008

Life's unexpected twists/occurrences/coincidences...

As I said in my previous post, I hadn't planned that much stuff for this Easter weekend and it worked out rather well. It's been an interesting weekend - one very different to what I would have expected, but life's little twists and turns are always good fun.

I had organized to have dinner Sat night with the Englishman I met on Tuesday however he rang me early in the afternoon and postponed it. Not a worry. I was talking to Mike, a fellow (and now lapsed) blogger later that day and we decided to meet up for drinks and dinner instead! So an unexpected dining companion that night, but not an unwelcome one! We had a great evening catching up - hadn't seen him since Fair Day and even then, I was somewhat distracted by The Tourist. So it was a lovely night!

Sunday morning, Jacqui phoned me to invite me to breakfast and so we wondered down in the sunshine to Blues Point Rd and had a very pleasant morning. I had decided to spend Sunday afternoon studying and I have to say, Financial Planning is very very dull. Who in their right mind would be a Financial Planner??? (and before you say anything, yes, I am studying for my Diploma of Financial Planning HOWEVER it's a work requirement. My employer wants us to do DFP so that we'll be more conversant with all the facets of the financial world.)


Anyway, as I was going to be home all arvo, I logged onto Gaydar to see what was going on. Imagine my surprise when I received a message from a guy I met last Easter at Stonewall on my big night out with my mates Baz and Waz. I was rather pleased because I had thought he was very cute when I met him but had not seen him since that night (and silly me never bothered to get his phone number). So it was quite amazing to receive a message from him exactly a year later - particularly because I don't think he remembers me (he was just a touch inebriated when we met at Stonewall). So we'll see how we go!


I was going to have a nice quiet night at home last night, considering I had been out Thurs night, Friday night and Saturday night, and so had settled down with some dinner and a DVD. 10pm, I get a text from my mate Ivan..."We are going to go to Arq and get drunk. We leave in 30 mins". And of course, I jumped in the shower, got myself all tarted up, met Ivan and proceeded into town. I've never been to Arq before so I was interested to see what it was like. And Paulini was singing there later on which was added incentive. What a night!!! Arq seems to be somewhat similar to "Babylon" from the "Queer As Folk" series in appearance and it was chokka block full of hot hot guys without shirts on! Met a few nice guys, indulged in some random snogging and danced my sox off! We didn't leave until about 5:30am! So another unexpected night and a fantastic one as well!!!


Today, I slept in until 2pm and then decided to go grocery shopping. Fantastic...all the delicious daddies were out in force. It was hard to concentrate on shopping! So it was a very pleasant experience!


So overall, a great weekend!!! A bit too much partying and not enough study, so will have to rectify that this week. But no complaints here! :-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You've never been to Arq before???? Wasn't Paulini fantastic? There was a big group of us there til about 7 and then we went to phoenix....am exhausted. ...i think I've dropped three dress sizes

Mike said...

A lovely dinner indeed.

PS never been to Arq either
PPS "occurance"???? :-P

Soul Seared Dreamer said...

Wow glad to hear you had a great Easter break.

So I've been away for a bit and now you're a student? Jeez. Financial plannin does suck and is majorly borin.. I had to do a certificate on it (read exams) during my initial start at my work place.. but I hated it and pursuaded them to let me do mortgage plannin.. which was just as dull but better. Good luck :o)

Labels