Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Monty's Mardi Gras Musings...


Well, it's all done and dusted for 2008! But what a weekend it was!

The Tourist, who I met 2 weeks ago on Fair Day weekend, flew back into Sydney late Friday afternoon and messaged me on the train in from the airport. "Monty, would you like to catch up this evening?". Would I? Hell yeah! "Meet me on the roof of my hotel when you finish work" - he gave me the name of his hotel...a rather pleasant hotel in the Rocks.

I turned up about 6pm, with a 6 pack of beer in my backpack (he'd told me to bring a couple of beers), fully suited out. It turns out, the roof top is where the pool and spa is and he met me there, clad in his swimmers and a towel. He gave me his room card and told me that a pair of swimming trunks was laid out on his bed for me. I left the beers with him, and went down to his room, quickly changed and popped back up to the roof. It was one of those spectacular late summer/early autumn evenings in Sydney...clear blue skies, just a touch of crispness in the air. Thankfully, on the roof, we were in full sun and I was still quite warm from the walk. So we had a quick dip in the pool which was very refreshing! We then jumped into the heated spa which was delightful and opened the first two beers. 2 hrs later, 6 beers finished and dusk well and truly upon us, we were completely relaxed and completely alone! So we indulged in a bit of snogging, and the occasional grope! This man knows how to hit my buttons, that's for sure! Suffice to say, we didn't part company until 10pm Sunday night! I spent the entire weekend with him, stayed with him in his hotel room - it was practically a weekend away for me which was splendid fun!


Anyway, onto the Mardi Gras itself...

Met up with my mates Dan and Ivan, at about 5.30pm Sat arvo at the Columbian for a couple of pre-parade drinks. We then purchased a couple of stools from a streetside vendor and walked up to Flinders St where is was less full on. I must say, the parade was lots of fun. The mood of the people around us was great, everyone was happy and friendly - it was a really nice sense of community there. The floats came by, and they kept coming by, and kept coming by, and we wondered if they were ever going to finish! Some of the gaps were a little long, and some of the floats a little confusing (what the heck is Koala Sutra and what has it to do with being gay?) but some (PUMP - hot boys; Surf Lifesaving - hot boys) were fantastic spectacles. And it was exciting to see friends in the parade - NSSG with the 58/08 float, Simon in the Defense float, and Tad driving the (US) Democrats float truck!

Once it was all over, we joined the mass exodus to The Party! Wow! It was really full this year! I met up with heaps more friends there, but stuck with my little party of Dan and The Tourist all night. It was fun to see the midnight and 2am shows but the music just really didn't do it for me. Is it so wrong to ask for music that hasn't been mixed, remixed and postmixed to within an inch of its life so that you lose all sense of the original song? It all just becomes doof doof after a while and unless you're, ahem, chemically enhanced or drunk off your face, it gets a bit repetitive. We tried a few different pavillions but nothing really grabbed us. And when we went back at 3.30am to the RHI for Olivia's show, the doors were locked and no-one was allowed in...it was already too full. Doh! So we missed out on the highlight of the whole party! It was raining by that stage, and we were all flagging , so we decided to end it and head home.

So the Tourist and I crashed at his hotel...we were in bed by about 5am and ended up not leaving the bed until 6.30pm Sunday night! Bliss. It was simply decadent to spend the entire day in bed with such a hot guy! Took him for dinner at Opera Quays and it was a perfect night for dining al fresco! A nice moonlit stroll around the Opera House followed - some lovely romantic moments to remember! We parted company at 10pm, he to his hotel - he had a 7am flight to Melbourne the following day - and me home.

I had Monday off and so met up for a bloggers brunch with Tom then had a lazy afternoon reading the paper, cleaning up the apartment and some sundry shopping. I then had to cab it into the city for my Monday afternoon torture session with my personal trainer Greg. He's very pleased with my progress thus far and I must say, so am I. I'm actually starting to see results! Yes, that's right folks, Monty is getting muscles!!!

But I must say, it's been an absolutely splendid weekend! One of the best weekends ever! And mostly, it's due to The Tourist. It's amazing to think that we've only met a couple of weeks ago, such is the level of familiarity that we have with each other. We're very comfortable with each other and he's just an easy person to be around. I tell you, if he was in Sydney, I'd be going for him! But true to Monty form, it's destined to be naught but a holiday romance (a FABULOUS holiday romance none-the-less).

One of these days, I will meet a guy who's really nice AND living in Sydney AND intending to stay in Sydney!

I do have a pic of us to post and will add it when I get home tonight.

4 comments:

Darwin said...

well - he may only be a holiday romance, but what a cute holiday romance...

Thanks for the comment the other day, and good to discover your blog as well...

Darth Gateau said...

romance is romance Monty - doesn't matter how long it lasts!

Tom said...

I'm looking forward to you and Johnnie meeting next week! :)

Poobaba said...

Monty, sounds like you had a good weekend. The tourist although he knew how to push your buttons did sound a little slick and his routine rather honed. Still keep kissing those frogs.

Labels