Monday, February 18, 2008

Monty's Miscellaneous Musings...

It's amazing how effective I find blogging for getting things off my chest. I had my rant in January but once I had posted, I just felt better. I got back to feeling normal; I'm having fun; I'm revelling in my singleness, my health, my fabulous new job, my overall situation in life. Yes, I haven't found Mr Right, but I've got plenty of good things happening at the moment.

Last week, I was quite sad when I said goodbye to Mack, but y'know, once I'd written about it, I felt better. It was a lovely few weeks but that's all it's been. He's not the love of my life; I've not just finished a long term relationship. And so, I'm not moping around devastated...in fact, I have just had a great (if somewhat exhausting) weekend. It just seems that putting digit to QWERTY helps me sort things out in my own mind...helps me get some perspective - and your comments certainly help.


But back to the weekend...it all started on Valentine's Day (Thursday). I had arranged to go to dinner with a couple of friends however they had to pull out at last minute. It had been quite a full on week and I really felt like just going out for a drink. Jacqui, my friend at work, is newly single and was in need of some cheering up. And we pursuaded one of the Risk Executives attached to my new team, John, to join us. John is gay too, and is quite cute, about my age, and we've been conducting a very mild flirtation over the last couple of weeks. But Thursday night, things certainly ramped up a notch or two. We went out to Ivy Bar, intending to have a couple of drinks. But Ivy, being the latest bar opened in Sydney, is full of good looking men - unfortunately they seem mostly straight. And so, with such a cornucopia of visual delights, we just had to stay and have another drink or two. A few bottles down, I feel lips on my neck! John's lips to be specific. And before you know it, John and I were snogging like there was no tomorrow! And I must say, he's a fabulous kisser! That's as far as it went - but that was a pretty major step for me, snogging a guy (an Exec from work mind you) in the middle of a straight bar only a block or so away from my office! Typical Monty thing really...just your ordinary Valentine's Day kiss is just not enough - I've gotta go to the extreme!

A bit of a crazy night, but the next day, things were fine, and he actually messaged me over the weekend wanting to see if we could go out one night. So you just never know! The crazy thing is, it was last February when I hooked up with the Cute Gay Work Guy from my old team...so it seems like February, Monty and work are one hell of a combination!!!

Friday night, we had a work dinner with my old team - we were the top team in NSW last half and so my old Executive Manager took the entire team out for dinner. It was a great dinner, nice to spend time with my old team but once the party broke up about 11pm, I was in the mood for celebrating some more. (the fact that we'd been paid our bonuses from last half the day before may have contributed somewhat to my exuberance) So I grabbed a cab to Oxford St, walked into Stonewall, walked straight to the bathroom (I really needed to pee), came out, walked past this really cute guy standing at the bar, he smiled at me, I smiled back and that was it. Monty's fastest ever pick up! Turns out he's an Anglo-Irish tourist, here for the Mardi Gras festival. I ended up spending the night at his hotel. The next day (Saturday), I did a bit of a tourist's guide to the main sights of Sydney with him and I found him to be a lovely guy! With a wicked smile, the gift of the gab and the Irish charm. I had already organized to have my mate Dan over for a dinner and dvd night and The Tourist had bought himself a ticket to the Pool Party so we went our separate ways late in the afternoon.

Sunday, it was Fair Day and after a coffee and croissant, I toddled on down around 2:30pm. Caught up with Evan, briefly saw McDreamy (he was on duty at the Medical tent), ran into Mike and Bondi, said hello to Simon, and then met up with The Tourist. We spent the rest of the afternoon together. I brought him home last night for a quiet night in...home delivered Italian food and TV. Just what I needed. I was thoroughly smashed.

We caught the bus into town this morning and I went to work, he back to his hotel. He flies up to Cairns and Port Douglas tomorrow and will be back in 10 days, in time for Mardi Gras. I was totally knackered at work today, not really having got much sleep, but I've gotta say, it's been one HUGE weekend!

4 comments:

Darth Gateau said...

Well done you! Back on the big gay bus!
I'm jealous that mardi gras is approaching. I'm looking out at freezing fog and ducks skating grumpily about on a frozen dock whilst you all gear up for a party in the sun.
So not fair.

sandy said...

Thanks for stopping by my booth to say hello! It was good to meet you.

Phil said...

Isn't it funny how you can be in the same place at same time, and yet not even know it?? Sorry to have missed you at Fair day!! Sounds like you had fun :-)

Soul Seared Dreamer said...

Damn.. I start my new job over the Mardi Gras.. can I have that invite extended for next year when I don't have to be a model employee?

:o(

Labels