Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Weekend...and Mack...

We went down to the beach house over the weekend - we being myself, Evan, DG and NSSG. It was the first time DG and NSSG had come to the beach house and so I was hoping that it would be a perfect weekend. Unfortunately, La Nina had other ideas and so it was raining all Friday and Saturday which meant that 4 guys had to hang out inside! We certainly kept ourselves entertained, with papers to read, Trivia to Pursue, DVD's to watch and food and alcohol to consume (and Jenga to challenge us late at night, after a few drinks). So we managed!

But Sunday dawned bright and sparkly which excited me no end! So, after a relaxing breakfast cooked by DG and NSSG, Evan and I indulged in a spot of gardening and thence to the beach! Evan, sensible man that he is, went for a walk, wearing long sleeves. Me, on the other hand, saw the hot surfer dude in the surf and planted myself on the sand in easy viewing distance, ditched the shirt and clad only in my Aussiebums, proceeded to read my book. Not that much reading was done, as the surfer inched closer up the beach toward me. Eye candy plus plus plus! He was HOT!

Time forgotten, Monty lost in pleasant thoughts of surfer dude in the dunes. 90 minutes later, he picked up his board and left and I awoke from my reverie. Unfortunately, with no sunscreen on, my lily whites became ruby red!!! OUCH! 'twas a Monty in pain that drove home Sunday night!

But, I was at home Sunday night, reviewing the pics on my camera and as I went back through them, the previous pictures I had taken came up on the screen. Pictures of Mack. And it all came rushing back...the feelings! I had deliberately not thought about him (not an easy task) since our breakup, but seeing him again on my camera just brought him back to the front of my mind. And I sighed... It's amazing how you remember every detail of what was happening, what was said, when looking at a photo.

I had actually organized to meet up with him last night (Monday) - we originally planned to go (and had book tix) to the OpenAir Cinema a few weeks ago when we were dating and so we thought, seeing as how he leaves this week, that this would be a good opportunity to say goodbye, as friends. Turned up yesterday at Mrs Macquaries Chair, where the cinema is, and saw him coming toward me, through the crowd. God, he's so cute, and gorgeous, and tall. We were there about 90 minutes early and so we grabbed some food, a glass of wine and chatted whilst viewing the sun set behind the Opera House. It was a delightful balmy night and it felt just so relaxed to be chatting to him. The movie started after sun-down, which was about 8.30 or so and there was a bit of a chill in the air. I foolishly had only worn jeans and a thin shirt, due to my rather painful sunburnt back. But as the movie progressed, I did start to get just a little bit chilly. He noticed and took off his jacket and gave it to me. What a gentleman! I gratefully accepted it as I was really starting to feel the chill, but then, when I had it on, I could smell him. Oh, what a rush of memories that gave me. I loved snuggling with him and lying in the crook of his arm, with my head on the top part of where his chest becomes his shoulder was the best, as it allowed me to breathe his scent in all night long. So the last part of the movie was lost in a daze of fond recollections.

I drove him home and we had a bit of a snog...but it wasn't a sexual thing, it was just sweet, gentle kisses, mixed with a touch of sadness. I'm not going to see him again, well, for at least a year or so anyway. And so it was a bit emotional for both of us. It's hard, when you find someone that you think had all the potential of being "the one", letting him leave your life. Even for a just a year. Who knows what will happen in the next twelve months. But one thing I know, we'll remain friends, and we'll both have a very special, very lovely few weeks of shared memories to look back on. Monty is a bit melancholy today.

4 comments:

Soul Seared Dreamer said...

Ahhh poor Monty :o(

(((HUGS)))

T said...

thanks for the thumbs up about it being cold at night = went to the outdoor cinema in centennial park last night and would have frozen had I not read your comments and taken something extra warm to put on later.

and it rained just before the movie started - but fortunately we took raincoats just in case ... gotta luv this Sydney summer !!

Darth Gateau said...

bless! Be a brave soldier. I'm sure everything will be marvellous eventually.

Sunburn... aah. Just a fond and vague recollection here in chilly fog-bound London....

W said...

awww....HUG

Labels