Thursday, February 28, 2008

It's Mardi Gras...

Well, here we are in the middle (or rather, coming to the end) of Mardi Gras season! The parade and party are on Saturday night and it promises to be interesting to say the least!

Weather at the moment is rainy and in the low 20's (degrees celcius) so not ideal for the parade. Cross your fingers that it is only overcast and not rainy on Saturday. Otherwise, it may just end up being the party for me. Tickets to the party sold out last week and, so I'm told, this hasn't happened for years and years! (lucky for me, I bought my ticket a couple of weeks ago) So it's going to be HUGE! I actually can't wait! Last year was my first MG parade and party and it all went by in a bit of a blur. This year, I'm much more prepared for it. I've also got a heap of friends going - friends I've made in the past 12 months so that's going to be great! And of course, I'll be accompanied by The Tourist - he's been sending me text messages all this week from Port Douglas and I'm hanging out to see him again! Ok Ok, there is an element of lust there, but he's also lots of fun so it should be good! Who knows what will happen at the party too! :-)

I have many fond memories of last year's MG party - the best thing to come out of it is the friendship I have with the beautiful Evan! He's such a gorgeous human being, and the odds of meeting and making what is now one of my closest friends at the MG Party I think is pretty low, so I feel particularly lucky that it happened! So it's going to be our one year anniversary of meeting which is very special.

Last year, I had arranged to meet up with 3 guys off Gaydar...but this year, I haven't. In fact, I have quietened down significantly on Gaydar of recent times. But I'm sure that there'll be plenty of boys at the party to keep me distracted! So watch this space for Monty's Mardi Gras Musings! he he he!

Tonight, I'm off to the Bloggers Meet, accompanied by the publicity shy Tom! This, I think, will be his first public "outing" as a Sydney blogger, so it should prove interesting!

6 comments:

Christerbjorn said...

It's not likely that I'll see you Monty, have a great Mardi Gras. Thankyou for being such a great and loyal friend to my Beautiful boyfriend Evan. I'm volunteering at the Party Medical Tent, my shift starts at 6am Sunday morning. I take the responsibility seriously, so I'll be in bed early after watching my first ever parade. Have a great night Monty, after all that you have put into your "Coming out" you deserve to really celebrate, and there is not an ounce of faciciousness, enjoy Monty!!!!!
Christerbjorn.

Darth Gateau said...

Have a great time - I'm lime with envy of course, but I'll get over it.

Dance up a storm and behave dreadfully!

Tom said...

They were outside apparently Monty! Oh well, another time! :)

Phil said...

Hey Monts,

Sorry I didn't get to respond to your previous msg. Have just arrived back from Perth. Will be going to watch the parade with Mr Rich & a couple of friends, but not doing the party. Hope you have a gr8 time!!

Happy Mardi Gras :-)

Phil

IAN said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
IAN said...

Happy Mardi Gras!

All the best for the party and parade
big Mardi Gras hugs, Ian

Labels