Friday, February 01, 2008

All good things must come to an end...

Yes, it's over. This thing with Mack that is. We had a chat about it last night and with his departure less than 10 days away, it's all started to hit him. He told me that he's becoming too attached to me and with him having one farewell party after another, he's struggling to cope emotionally. Naturally, I would have preferred that "we" kept going right up until he left, but I can understand where he was coming from. Even when we were talking about it, I could see that he was becoming emotional and the last thing either of us wanted was for this "relationship" to be anything but enjoyable. I don't want to put additional pressure on him and as much as I would love to see more of him, it's just not fair...on either of us. Even in the 24 hours since we've talked, already I'm missing him. The chemistry that we had between us was amazing; I found him unbelievably attractive and he told me that he was totally into me. We enjoyed each other's company, had lots of laughs and have become friends, even in the short time that we've known each other. It's been an intense few weeks and I don't regret any of it. He's a top guy and we've agreed to keep in contact via email while he is overseas. It is ironic that I find someone who I think has all the hallmarks of being "the one" AND who reciprocates my feelings, and he's moving overseas.

Oh well, all good things must come to an end. ...sigh...

So, it's back on the dating treadmill for Monty! As much as I don't feel like it at the moment. I really feel like going home and watching sappy movies and eating icecream all weekend, but that won't get me anywhere!

On another note, I had another appointment with my personal trainer Greg on Wednesday. Apparently, I also have very good posture and technique, which is somewhat attributable to my core strength...or something. We worked mainly on my upper body this time which felt good at the time. BUT I had to sign some papers at the end of my session and could barely lift the pen! I've signed up to see him twice a week for an hour a time - every Monday and Wednesday afternoons! Eek! I fear I will just be in pain 24/7 for the next month or so until I get used to this!

The good thing on Wednesday was that I could walk the bridge home without any difficulty; my legs were fine though Jacqui walked home with me (she lives around the corner) and so I couldn't power my way as I would like to. I had to moderate my pace for her. But it was a lovely walk home again. But today, my arms are aching!!! My arms AND my heart! Monty's a bit miserable today...

9 comments:

sandy said...

What a charming and intense relationship you two had, albeit for such a short while. I'm sure it hurts, but no doubt it will continue to bring a smile to your face. I suspect you guys will remain good friends. Big hugs.

Darth Gateau said...

chin up sunshine! Who knows what will come of all this - he may return to Sydney one day. If he's THE ONE then there'll always be a way to make it work.
Don't let the blues last too long... it only drags you down further - trust me on that.

Tales of the City said...

Hang in there with the training. Its painful at first but the body gets used to it!! And so you will be bulging all over.

Anonymous said...

I feel sorry for you kiddo, but as DG says you never know how all of this will turn out.

Tom said...

Some good advice above from everyone! Don't lose touch with him, and who knows what might happen. At the worst you'll stay good friends.

Mucho admiration on the gym thing... Do you have a goal in mind? I'm sure you're much more motivated than I am (I wouldn't have stuck it out this long!) but it is easier to work towards something... Half Marathon in Sept? ;)

kevin said...

Keep smiling Monty.

Are you going to do a walk over the bridge this weekend? Anyways, i hope you have a good weekend and if you do end up going for an ice cream, mines a mint chocolate chip (2 scoops)

Kev in NZ

Single Guy said...

Monty!! I cannot keep up!!!

Sorry to hear it..do eat lots of ice cream and watch lots of chick flicks!:( but you are Mr Dating...so I'm sure another great guy is just around the corner!

yani said...

I remember my first experience with the gym years and years ago... every time I had to sit down or stand up, or do anything with my legs I wanted to cry like a little girlyman... but trust me, it does get better.

Just like heartache :)... remember the crappy old addage, it's better to have loved and lost than never loved at all ;)

I know, I'm all fortune cookie this morning... I'll stop now...

Poobaba said...

I must say even I was getting emotional reading about Mack, just remember everything happens for a reason. ;-)

Labels