Monday, February 04, 2008

It's working out...

I had my first proper session with my Personal Trainer Greg today. I thought I had proper sessions with him already, but today, I realized he had been toying with me! He was cajoling me with compliments, luring me with light workouts until I was hooked...but then today, he had me pushing and pulling and pumping and squatting and lunging like there was no tomorrow. And boy did it hurt!!!

But I think I'm kinda getting into this whole exercise/working out thing! It's been raining solidly all day here in Sydney but what did I do after my session? I walked home - in the bloody rain! The harbour was dark and seething and looked quite magnificent actually. There was very limited man candy jogging the bridge (too sensible to do that on a day like today) so it was just me and Robbie (on my iPod). But, unlike last time, when I could barely lift one foot after another, today I actually walked it quite comfortably, only getting sore and tired in the last 10 minutes when it's all uphill.

So, I know that I will be sore all over for the next couple of days...and on Wednesday, I have another torture session...but I'm hoping that the shock to my system is diminishing each time.

One good thing...my appetite is huge! Well, maybe not huge, but it's certainly significantly improved!

2 comments:

Soul Seared Dreamer said...

Clever Greg. But you'll be the one laughing when you have the body of a Greek God ;o)

Monty said...

Ha ha! Body of a Greek God...well, actually, Greg, the Trainer, has a body like that. Yummmm! Don't know if I'll ever quite get to that stage, but at least I'll be a bit more toned!

Labels