Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Working Out...

I had my first appointment with the Personal Trainer yesterday...rocked on up at 5pm, walked into the locker room and wow...really hot guy, really naked! Oh, I am loving this! Why didn't I join a gym a loooooong time ago???

Anyway, I tore myself away from the locker room and met up with the Personal Trainer. It was just going to be a fitness assessment so it was a relatively easy session. He discussed my goals - what was I trying to achieve by joining the gym? (I didn't mention that I was hoping to see lots more hot naked guys in the locker room) He weighed me, measured my height, waist and hips. Took my resting pulse, then made me climb steps for 3 mins and took my now-pounding pulse. He then made me try and touch my toes to assess my flexibility. And then, do as many sit-ups as I could in 60 seconds. And then I had to do as many push ups as I could.

By this stage, I had actually started sweating - I was surprised at how quickly exertion hit me. It just shows how unfit I really am. So that was it...all the required tests had been done; now he needs to calculate it all to work out my fitness age. (I'm probably about 75 yrs old in fitness terms) And then he's going to work out an exercise regime for me. I go back on Thursday for the bad news! Eek!

BUT I was so inspired by the session that I decided that instead of taking public transport home, I would walk! So, iPod cranking out Pet Shop Boys, I did exactly that! And I loved it! Granted, it's probably the most scenic walk home anyone could want - across the Sydney Harbour Bridge - and so there's plenty to distract one. Ask Muzbot, he usually jogs this every day. But, 40 mins later, I was at home and feeling very pleased with myself. I think I may try and walk home after every session at the gym; I'm already dressed for exercise and it's probably a good warm down.

So there you have it, Monty has officially converted over to become a Fitness Fanatic! Who'd have thought!!! :-)

6 comments:

Single Guy said...

Muscle Monty!!!

Soul Seared Dreamer said...

Well done.

So where is this topless picture already?

Campbell said...

Well done Monty!. Remember, you don't want too good a result at your first assessment as you want to be able to improve easily!
It's all upward from here.

yani said...

Woohoo! Go Monty!

The walk thing is addictive, trust me... and as much as I love my little riverside walk in the mornings I'm a little jealous of you (and Muz and Tom for that matter) with your whole "Harbour Bridge" walks... *mutter* ;)

Poobaba said...

Funny how the new year always prompts the self MOT. Like you I've started back at the gym. I'm lucky as we have one at work so I've been making sure I take a full hour and do some cardio as I need to shed at least a stone, I'm hoping for a 30inche waist like yours. Unfortunetly as it a work gym there are a lot of older fat men, eye candy is limited. No pain no gain.

Muzbot said...

It is a pretty nice wander to and from work around that little harbour of ours.
Keep it up and you'll find that walking home (or jogging) is one of those things that become a feature of your day and public transport starts to look less and less appealing.Good work Monty.

Labels