Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Resolutions...

OK, ranting is over. Needed to vent, I have. Thank you for all your feedback. Now to move on...

I never used to make New Year's resolutions...didn't really seem to be much point. But, as long term readers may be aware, NYE2005 I made a resolution that I was going to come out as a gay man in 2006. This I did. NYE2006 I resolved that after the trauma that was the latter part of 2006, in 2007 I needed to spoil myself a bit. And so, in 2007 I started going to my hunky masseur once a month for a delightful hour of bliss. NYE2007, I decided that in 2008 I was going to join a gym...and not only join, but actually go there regularly and get a bit of exercise. Today, part 1 of that resolution was achieved. I joined FitnessFirst in King St which is very handy to my work. The plan is to go either 3/4pm in the arvo when it's quiet at work, or straight after work, at least 2 or 3 times a week. So I'm pretty excited. I knew that I'd have to act quickly and join up in January otherwise I'd lose motivation and start thinking up excuses why I shouldn't.

So, coming to a blog near you, the new hunkier Monty! LOL Sorry, couldn't resist...I doubt you'll see any noticeable change; for me, it's more about just toning up and getting some regular, structured exercise.

Now that I've gone and joined, I'm really looking forward to getting into it. I know when I last went to the gym (about 14 yrs ago), I went religiously 3 times a week and I remember feeling so much better physically. So I'm hoping to acheive that.

...and if there's any hot guys there, well, what's a boy to do? he he he!

14 comments:

Single Guy said...

a hunkier monty? can that be?? LOL

dabtxm said...

Well done Monty. I might see you at Fitness First....you will have to come with me to Market St.

Good luck...get a personal trainer...I have one and it is worth it...you wouldn't recognise me now??? ; )

Dane!
PS - I have moved in with Psy after dating for a year!!

Tom said...

Now you're a fitness freak if you want an intro into the curious world of ocean swimming let me know! ;)

Darth Gateau said...

I'm sure the people I met whilst in Sydney called your gym "Fisting First"...

Peter said...

DG is that wishful thinking?

Monty, enjoy your time at the gym, I never thought I would join one but last year I did. At last I can walk 500 meters instead of the 100 I was used to. [A half marathon is out of the question, but I try to walk further each day]

Monty said...

Dane...we will have to link up some time and you can show me your new hot bod!!! ;-)

Tom, ummm, thanks for the offer...but NO THANKS! ha ha! I'm not THAT insane!

DG...FF does have a reputation...

Peter...I have a feeling that after my first session there, I'll barely be able to crawl 100m let alone walk! ha ha! Good on you!

Englishman in London said...

Well done you!

Look forward to the first post-gym posting!

sandy said...

Good luck with the regime! I'm sure you'll let us know how it's going.

kevin said...

I expect to see a few posts of your hot bod...Pre and Post gym!

Why not post your before bod tomorrow so we can compare after 3 months, 6 months and a year?

Kev in NZ

ANY excuse for us to see your body!!!

Campbell said...

Yes, I think we definitely need before and after shots!!
Good luck with it Monty!

Anonymous said...

Yes Monty, how about a series of weekly body shot to encourage the rest of us.

Would be great to see the transition to the new you!

Soul Seared Dreamer said...

I'm liking Kevin's idea.

Go on.. get your kit off ;o)

Good luck.. actually thats something I wanna do too, its just it might involve a level of dedication I can't muster.

Monty said...

You're all just a bunch of pervs! lol

All of you who've met me will understand my reluctance to post a "before" pic! I'm not exactly built like a Greek God! Maybe once I'm all hot and hunky, I may, and I stress MAY consider it.

IAN said...

the best with your new workout routine : )

Labels