Thursday, November 29, 2007

I'm in a curious mood...

...not sure why, but I'm just feeling a little bit flat. It's been a very strange week at work, with our main client management system up and down for most of Monday - Wednesday. In fact, apart from answering the phone and a couple of emails yesterday, the most productive thing I did yesterday was put up the christmas decorations at work! And now that the system is back up, we've got buckets of backlog to try and catch up on and I'm really not feeling like it at all.

So, in addition to the strange working week, I've started getting back into dating. Had a date on Tuesday night...this guy is looking for gay friends so I suppose I shouldn't call it a "date", as it was never going to lead to anything more than friendship. Lovely bloke, I think there's a good possibility we could be friends. Had a date last night as well...this one advertised his age as 42. OK, this is getting towards the upper end of my dating range (not that I'm ageist or anything, but I just prefer guys around my age +/- 5 yrs) but when I met him, well, it certainly looks like a "gaydar" age. He's probably 42 + 5 yrs. BUT a very personable guy and after a couple of beers, I had relaxed and was enjoying the date. He dropped me home and, me being 3 beers down, I invited him in. He agreed and so we walked into my apartment and immediately started snogging. I must say, he's a great kisser! But, he had actually arranged to meet friends for dinner and so he left after about 10 mins.

Now, I'm thinking I shouldn't have invited him back. Monty + alcohol = horny! And the more alcohol, the less discriminating. So I've gotta try and ring him and suggest "we just be friends" - in fact, I would like to get to know him better as he does seem like a nice genuine guy (well, apart from the fact that his definition of his age is somewhat elastic). But at this time of the year, I don't know if I could be bothered to put a lot of time into him. I've got myself plenty of friends and really don't have that much time for more.

Tonight, I have the night off. I have another date arranged for tomorrow night however. Yes, when I put my mind to it, I really throw myself into it. If you've been reading this blog for the past twelve months, you'll know what I mean! Granted, 3 dates in a week is not particularly excessive for Monty...my record still stands at 9 dates in one week, and I do NOT aspire to break that record any time soon! That was EXHAUSTING!

It would be so much simpler if Mr Right just turned up on my doorstep (figuratively speaking) with relatively little effort involved! Unfortunately, things like that just don't seem to happen to me! Oh well, luckily dating is quite good fun! :-)

9 comments:

Darth Gateau said...

dirty whore!

how fabulous. Enjoy your dating!

Anonymous said...

do you ever wonder if your mr. right is thinking the same thing about you? hahaha.

He's just sitting there, (maybe even down the street), going through the same motions you're going through and wondering "why won't mr. right just appear on my doorstep.."

that would be quite funny. hahah

Soul Seared Dreamer said...

You tart ;o)

We're friends enough for me to say that right?

Oh well, its done.

Gaydar age, hahaha. Thats too funny. So fucking true, esp after 30-40.

Dude, everyone you kiss is always a good-kisser.. what I wanna know is have you ever 'HAD' a bad kisser? And how'd you deal?

Monty said...

DG - you betcha!

PD - I do often wonder that...and hence, I DON'T sit at home...instead, I'm out there looking for him! Exhausting as it may be! :-)

SSD - yes, we're friends enough to say whatever you feel! As for the kissers, I generally only blog about the good ones, I've had my fair share of less than good kissers...they soon get the short shift! :-)

Chris said...

Monty + alcohol = horny / How disappointing, I hold you in such high regard too :-) A question are you concerned that you simply did this or he has perhaps the wrong impression of your interests?

Monty said...

Chris, sorry to disappoint! :-) More concerned that he has the wrong impression of the level of my interest...

In terms of my "horny equation" - I'm not hugely concerned. I'm always in control when around new dates, and always stay safe. Wed night was a good "wake up" call to myself to make sure I don't do this again.

Unknown said...

Hey Monty. Nice blog, i found it on by accident but I'm glad i did.

Anyways, just wanted to tell you that.
Btw, you should check out
http://www.gay2share.com/haveyoursay_portal.php
enjoy and vote on the poll :)

Christerbjorn said...

Chris,
You're disapointed in someone that you don't even know. GET A LIFE! Monty, this works for you, you are a wonderful person through and through, I know that, you know that. When people are not honest about themselves, they should not expect honesty in return. Keep up the fun dating, as always, Evan and I love you.
McDreamy.

Phil said...

Hey Monty,

I would have commented earlier, but I've hardly been home myself ;-)

In terms of having Mr Right just turn up on your door, I'm sure we have all felt that way at some time. I was extrememly lucky that a simple *wink* allowed me to meet Rich!

But it sounds like you are enjoying yourself, so that's the main thing! And who knows, maybe Mr Right is right there staring back at you!

Cheers
Phil

Labels