Friday, November 16, 2007

One Non-Blonde...

Those of you who have seen me in the past couple of weeks have not seen me at my best...my hair was soooo long and unruly...it was driving me mad! I normally get a haircut every 4 to 5 weeks, however it's been over 7 weeks since my last cut and so I looked like the Wild Man of Borneo! Thankfully, before I went on holidays, I booked an appointment with my wonderful hairdresser Cindy.

So Tuesday came and I choofed off from work an hour early and drove across town to Coogee and presented myself at Cindy's salon. An hour later, a weight was lifted (quite literally) off my shoulders, with my new, funky, SHORT hair do! I know that this may come as a shock (NOT) to many of you, but I'm not a natural blonde - I've been getting blonde streaks for about 7 or 8 years. (let me say in my defence, I WAS a blonde as a kid...just gone darker as I've, errr, matured) On the plane flight home, as I was contemplating the joys of having my hair chopped off, I decided that now that I've hit, ummm, 30 (and some months), I should allow myself to age a bit more naturally and therefore, when I went to Cindy, I had her chop off the blonde and not replace it with new streaks.

And so, I'm now one non-blonde! It's very weird, everytime I look at the mirror, there's this strange, dark haired guy staring back! One downside...I can no longer use the "I'm having a blonde moment" excuse for my absent-mindedness! I'm going to have to come up with something new!

But I must say, on the upside, it seems to be agreeing with everyone around me. One of the party girls in my section rushed up to me when I walked into the printing room this morning and said, "[Monty], you are looking HOT!" (She knows I'm gay so she wasn't trying to hit on me or anything) So I'm a bit chuffed by that! Particularly, as I've got a date tonight, it's given me a little bit of a confidence boost!

7 comments:

Muzbot said...

You?! Not naturally blond?!? Oh my, I feel like I've been lied to all this time... :)

So, when's the picture being posted??

Campbell said...

This blog entry is just begging for a photo!

T said...

exactly ... pic please!!

Englishman in London said...

I third that!

Get pic uploaded you non-blonde!

Soul Seared Dreamer said...

Not naturally blond!!!!

Holey fuck. Really?

Dude I saw you only a couple weeks ago, trust me your hair wasn't that long. And if it was.. damn you must wear it really short normally.

[SSD wonders if he should tell Monty he knew that already]

Peter said...

We would like to see the new [old] you!

T said...

I thought blondes just got dirty quicker !!!

Labels