Friday, November 23, 2007

Dating...

Some of you have enquired about Sam, the guy I was seeing before I went overseas. If you recall, I met Sam at McDreamy's birthday celebration - he's one of Evan's oldest friends. Just before I went overseas, we (Sam and I) had a chat. At that stage, we'd been out 3 times (including our first meeting at McDreamy's b/day) and there seemed to be a reciprocated level of attraction. But, we'd only just met and I was going to be away for 6 weeks. So, we decided that it would be better if we made no commitments; I would be overseas and when I got back, we'd see what happened. No promises about the future, but if the zing was still there, then well and good.

So, I rang him last week, to see what the lay of the land was. It was a very general conversation - banal even - and in the end, I simply asked him, "Would you like to go out for dinner?". His response, "I'm really busy at the moment, work is stressing me...are you going to Evan's birthday?"...(Evan's birthday party is tomorrow - Saturday - night) I indicated that I was indeed going to Evan's birthday. "Well, we'll catch up at the party". Needless to say, I kinda got the impression that things had changed somewhat for him. I was disappointed, as I think he is a LOVELY guy! I could see myself falling very easily for him.

But, what's a boy to do? After a very good chat with Muzbot, I was feeling much better and so I decided to get out there and start dating again! (now that's a surprise...Monty dating...who'd have thought! LOL) And so, I organized a date on Friday night and one on Saturday night. Friday nights...well, the less said the better. He was English and all, but a disappointment. Saturday night's date, on the other hand, was an Australian guy and turned out to be a very pleasant dining companion. We ended up going back to his place and he turned out to be a very pleasant snuggler!!! I actually slept exceptionally well that night, which is quite unusual for me. When I'm with a new guy, I tend to doze, as I'm enjoying it too much to sleep properly. But with him (his name is Rick by the way), it was very comfortable.

But, not being one to put all my eggs in one basket, I had organized a date for Thursday of this week...as 26 yr old who'd started messaging me whilst I was overseas. Now, I'm not really into guys that young, but he was a persistant one, and from his picture, seemed quite cute. So, I thought 'what the hell'! Turns out, he's exceptionally cute and quite a lovely guy! We only had a couple of beers and, very unlike me, I showed great restraint and went home! I could so easily have shagged him on the spot though!!!

Tonight, we have the first of our work christmas parties. It promises to end up being very messy, as we started drinking at 3pm. I also know that when I get pissed, I get very horny, and so I've emailed Rick and warned him that I may be ringing him some time tonight and inviting myself over. He emailed me back and advised that it was more than OK! He does seem like a really nice guy - his one drawback is that he's 5'8" and so shorter than me. I generally go for taller guys. A small thing, agreed, and as I said, he's a fabulous snuggler so he certainly makes up for his lack of height.

Tomorrow night, my beautiful friend Evan celebrates his big Four-0... needless to say, it's going to be a fabulous evening and I can't wait for it. He's a very special friend and an all round nice guy and so it's great to be celebrating such a milestone with such a great person!

Sunday, I recover! :-) So, it's a bit of a big weekend! Should be fun! Should be messy! But I'm loving being in Sydney at the moment! Wish me luck!

5 comments:

Single Guy said...

Good luck! You are the dating guy..I'll need tips from you. I'm not back in Syd until Dec 4.

Anonymous said...

Hey monty!

thanks for the comment on my blog.

Wow! it seems like you have a really interesting story and i'd love to hear more.

I'll start by catching up on your blog and maybe you can fill in some details later.

take it easy!

Tom said...

Wow, Monty's Mating Mission continues...!

So a trip overseas didn't cure your curious fascination with poms?! ;)

T said...

short = good !!!

Phil said...

Sounds like you don't need too much luck Monty, what with all those boys to pick from :-)

Hope you have a great w/end, enjoy!

Labels