Friday, November 09, 2007

The Last Post...

...of my travels anyway!

Well, I leave for the airport in about 15 mins so thought I'd do a quick post to summarise my holiday! Well, not exactly summarise, but just to mention some highlights!

I suppose the biggest highlight of the holiday was spending 10 days with my gorgeous friend EIB. You've already heard lots about him, so I won't say anymore. Suffice that I feel our friendship has been consolidated, solidified and I've got to know him much better.

Another huge highlight of the holiday was getting to meet all of the London Bloggers! To wit...Gay Banker, Darth Gateau, Guy In London, CuteCTGuy, Soul Seared Dreamer and Poobaba, plus a Kiwi blogger, Kev in NZ, as well as catching up with Dan and Stephen who I met in Sydney. Thanks guys - it was fantastic to meet you all - I had a great time with all of you and I do deeply appreciate your generosity in opening your lives to me! Hope I can reciprocate next time you are in Sydney!!!

It was also great to see Matt again, my old friend Marie, my hunky masseur Brad, as well as of course, my brother Mark and Sim, his b/f. I'm really happy that Sim and I have had an opportunity to get to know each other better. And I had a couple of lovely dates with some guys here in London which was rather pleasant indeed! ;-)

And then of course, it was awesome to experience Cairo and Paris...two very different cities, but each had their own adventures! I will post some pics once I get home! And I really feel like I've got to know London much better than before! I love this city!

But life calls me back...as well as a depleted bank balance and a full'ish credit card! It's been the BEST holiday ever, and as you can see from the above, it's mainly due to the people I spent time with! It seriously has been the most social holiday I've ever had and being the social butterfly that I am, of course, I LOVED every minute of it! Ciao 4 niao!

Monty! x

8 comments:

Dan in Melbourne said...

It was great to see you, glad you had a good holiday. Say hello to the sun for me!

Muzbot said...

Looking forward to hearing all your stories in person over many beers. :)

Darth Gateau said...

Hope you had a good flight (despite lack of hot crew :¬( ) and the jet-lag doesn't bite too much.

Now then, get the beers on ice, pop a towel out on a lounger somewhere pretty and have a battallion of hot Australians on standby for my arrival in December!

T said...

good one Monty : hope work is not too much of a shock for you this week !!! lol

Monty said...

Darth, Muz and I were discussing your impending royal visit to our shores last night and we will be rolling out the red carpet, chilling the beers and champers, AND rustling up a bevy of buff boys for your viewing pleasure! :-) Can't wait!!!

Soul Seared Dreamer said...

Oh well all good things come to an end.

Likewise I had a great time with you too.

IAN said...

Welcome back to Sydney and all the joys summer there will bring............!

kevin said...

It's great to hear you had a good time over there. It was great meeting up with you. I hope we can do it again in Sydney or NZ. Im gonna have to keep an eye open for some cheap fares across the ditch.

I hope the flight home has gone well.

Kev in NZ

Labels