Thursday, November 08, 2007

It's my last evening in London...

...and so I decided that I would cook Mark and Sim dinner! I'm making them Monty's Famous Beer-Up-The-Bum Chicken with roast veges. Yummo! And I made them up a big bunch of flowers as well. So I've spent today pretty much inside...writing blogs, catching up on emails, internet banking, Facebook, grocery shopping and cooking. Very lazy! I've done everything I needed to do in London so these last couple of days are just a chance to relax!

I do have to say, Mark and Sim have been FANTASTIC! They've been very generous in hosting me for the past few weeks, particularly with my somewhat hectic schedule, late nights etc while they've been working and attempting to live a normal life. And this is in addition to Mark's friend Carter who's also been staying here! Mark works very hard, and as his new office is about 2 hrs travel from home, he normally gets home quite late each night and is up at the crack of dawn each day as well. So, his early to bed routine is quite understandable.

It has been lovely to spend time with them however, and this trip I feel like I've got to know Sim much better! We actually stayed up on Sunday night watching Kylie DVD's (he's the biggest fan of hers, which makes him a damn fine addition to my family), drinking G&T's (copious quantities apparently) and talking. We discussed my family situation and the concerns that he and Mark have for me. It was a real bonding moment for us...one on one as adults but also as people who are now connected via Mark - he's my brother-in-law effectively. And you know, Sim is my favourite of all of Mark's previous boyfriends (not that he's had many, he's a serial monogamist)...I think we are very similar in personality and tastes and although he is 10 yrs younger than I, it doesn't seem like it. In gay years, he is soooooo my senior, and so I'm really happy that we've become friends.

So tonight, we're going to have a lovely dinner, I've bought a couple of bottles of wine (a Viognier and a Chardy) and some good music and pleasant conversation...a perfect last night in London!

3 comments:

Englishman in London said...

Have a great final evening in London, and a comfortable and safe trip back to Aus - looking forward to disk of pics, and I imagine all your chums down under await your return - yarns and experiences to share!

love and hugs go with you

kevin said...

Enjoy your last evening over in Europe Monty.

I wanna hear more about Paris though.

Kev in NZ

Soul Seared Dreamer said...

Yes, want info on Gay Paree.

I'm guessing your back now so it'd be pointless wishing you a safe flight.

Though I will ask, did you get a hottie on the flight?

Labels