Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Music...and men...

I wandered over to Westfield Bondi Junction on Saturday afternoon, following Single Guy's revelation that it's a happening place for cruising men! I thought it'd been interesting to see how it works in a shopping centre. Well, needless to say, I didn't see a lot of cruising happening...mind you, I did see some very fine looking gents, but couldn't see anyone even remotely practicing the art of cruising.

Anyway, in my wanderings around the shopping centre, I stopped off in a CD store...and bought myself two utterly fabulous CD's (yes, I'm one of those primitive sorts that still don't download music from i-Tunes to my i-Pod), which I've been playing ever since. The first one was (start cringing now) Spice Girls Greatest Hits - I love the Girls and have their first two albums...it's just meaningless pop but they do it so well! The second was Pet Shop Boys latest Dance 4. This is a truly awesome album - they've remixed some very diverse bands/artists including the Killers, RammStein, Yoko Ono, Madonna and of course, themselves. Some of the mixes are tub-thumpingly sensational, and the whole album is just one big dance party! I LOVE it!!!

That's the "music" part of this post...the other part..."men"!

I was walking from my place down to Nth Sydney this morning when around the corner jogs this shirtless, well built guy! As I continue walking towards him (with extra spring in my step), another shirtless, well built guy rounds the corner! It's then I realise, it's the Navy boys! You see, there's some kind of Navy base nearby - it's only a small one, for the Navy Seals or something - and every few weeks, they all go for a run around the area. The last time I saw them was before my holiday, and so it was still cool, and so they were all fully clothed. But today...most were shirtless and there's about 15 of them, all in good condition...all jogging towards me. Talk about eye-candy overload!!! YUMMMO! It was a MOST PLEASANT way to start the day!

7 comments:

Soul Seared Dreamer said...

I'm positively jealous. Don't make me hex you by posting such things ;o)

Tom said...

So, have you worked out why people go to Westfield BJ rather than Chatty?! ;)

Single Guy said...

Let's join the navy! I love the spice gals and going to see them in concert in SYdney in Jan if you wanna join us girl power group!

Monty said...

SSD - he he he he!

Tom - yes. The BIG question is...have you ever cruised, or been cruised, whilst in BJ??? ;-)

SG - have you booked tix yet? If not, please include me!!! I have a few friends who also want to come...we'll chat about it when you get back to Oz.

IAN said...

hmmmm, cruising up the jungo, now i have to think about that, let me see...., going back a few years now, hmmmmmm, i am an expert on that neighbourhood, and uh oh, yeah checking out cute guys, but i dont think ive had any success around that neck of the woods, most likely place i say would be kmart, and i think the toilet next to the reject shop may be a beat but i wouldnt recommend it .Plenty of cute guys around the place tho.
for action just head down to tama, it never fails. lol

Muzbot said...

Men or not, you'll never get me into that shopping centre. Vile.

But, yes, the jogging candy around the Northern shores is especially sweet this time of year.

Darth Gateau said...

Will they be jogging come Christmas time? I'll be hanging about with a handy sprig of mistletoe....

Labels