Thursday, February 01, 2007

Queer Eye On a Straight Guy...


This blog was started a couple of weeks ago, but was never completed. Recent developments have made it current...

What a weekend! Where does one start? At work...the company I work for is a large Australian Bank with a large number of staff working in any number of departments/divisions. Where I work, we share the floor with staff from our Funds Management subsidary. My team has only recently moved to this floor, and so we don't know the FM team at all. They sit on the other side of the building, doing whatever it is they do (manage funds I suppose). A couple of them have been friendly though, saying hello if we cross each other in the corridor/lift well etc. One of them particularly has been friendly to me, we have had brief chats over the past couple of weeks. That is until last week...

Last week, the two of us happened to both take a rather late lunch, with the consequence that we had the lunch room to ourselves. I had just had a case of wine delivered to my desk that day and FM commented on it. It turns out he's a bit of a wine buff, a collector and appreciator! I happen to be a wine drinker! So we actually got into quite an animated conversation about it. At the end of lunch, he said he must get me over to his place to check out his collection. HELLO! What's he really saying??? I casually said that'd be great, and left it at that. I knew he had been married and was now divorced, but up until now had only admired from afar...after all, he's straight, right?

I had Friday off this week and had a very enjoyable lunch date with a guy I had been chatting to. I got home around 3pm and recieve an SMS...it's FM inviting me over to his place after work that day for a glass of red!!! Well, not being one to say no to a free drink, I accepted.

I got there, he welcomed me, opened a bottle of a lovely Cab Sav and we sat down on his balcony, enjoying the view and chatting. Well, a few glasses down the hatch and he's bringing another bottle out from the cupboard. I compliment him on something (what it was, I cannot recall) and he thanks me for being so sweet and then bends down and kisses me. Softly. I'm surprised, but not averse to the direction this is taking!

But then he sits down and pours the wine and we continue chatting! My head was spinning...and it wasn't just the wine! Is he...? Does he want to...? Should I...?

In the end, it's much simpler. We are standing in front of a painting on his wall, and I'm mid-sentence when he just kisses me again. This time, it starts off soft and then keeps going! There's not going to be conversation continuing with this kiss!

And so, we shag! Oh my goodness, do we shag!!! The man is a genius and incredibly sexy and very good at what he does! I've thought he was hot since I first saw him, but never in a million years had I ever expected that I would be getting naked with him and having the shag of my life! Granted, my experience is somewhat limited, but still, FM is very very good! I've only, up until this stage, shagged guys younger than me, but after shagging FM, I'm a fan of the "older" man (he's 40).

The Funds Management section had an "off site" the following week at a city hotel and all the Execs (FM included) were put up at the hotel as they had a fairly heavy workload. This seemed to rule out any shagging over the duration of the "off site" (well, so I thought) but he had different ideas! Rang me on the first night about 10.30pm, invited me to his room. Completely hooked, I quickly dressed and drove in. Snuck in, feeling quite like a rent boy (without the rent) and totally loving it!!! Clandestine sex is very fun!

The "off site" was going to get more intense as the week progressed and he told me that it would be unlikely we'd get a chance to see each other for the rest of the week. Damn!

SMS'd him on the second last day, just to say hello. A quick flurry of text messages followed, with the end result that, at 1.30pm that day, I took off for lunch and practically ran to his hotel, met him in his room and we frantically shagged! Hot stuff! Well, it felt like it for me, who's never even thought of anything like this before! Lunch time shags, I must say, have got a lot going for them! Particularly when it's with a very hot guy who is, to the outside world, STRAIGHT!

The "off site" finished on the Friday and Friday night I was on his door step knocking! WE spent the night together and then after an early morning shag, he told me that, lovely as it was, he couldn't keep doing this. He still felt straight and did not think would be capable of a relationship with a guy. I was expecting this, didn't think my one success converting (or at least helping convert) the bi-sexual Frenchman in Berlin would necessarily rub off onto every other not-quite-straight man I met. It was a great week and we parted as friends. I put him out of my mind, and only saw him in the distance accross the floor at work.

Saw him the other day though, he was talking with my Executive Manager. I needed to see my EM quite urgently, so politely interrupted and said what I had to say. My EM then introduced me to FM, in the spirit of trying to promote a friendlier office, so I shook his hand and that was it. Received a text a couple of minutes later..."So nice to meet you. I wanted to more than shake your hand...I am bad!"

Oh my goodness!!! What is he saying??? I texted back..."You are bad...but I was thinking the same thoughts." I had been quite sucessful at putting him out of my mind, but seeing him again, and more specifically, shaking his hand and speaking (albeit briefly), had brought it all back. Another flurry of sms's followed and we are now meeting up tomorrow night after work. This week has been insane, I have hardly been able to concentrate at work - this guy is intoxicating in his sexiness and invades my thoughts all the time! But, I know that it's purely a physical thing for him, there's not going to be a future in this. But I still can't help wanting him! And saying yes to him!

4 comments:

Campbell said...

Hi Monty,

Great blog which I have just discovered. We have some similarities in out stories - in terms of coming out 'later in life'. I was also involved in church life, although it sounds not as conservative as yours. I am nevertheless no longer involved in the church. I also don't consider myself a christian anymore. I guess coming out made me look at all aspects of my life and what I did and didn't believe. I have no bitterness towards the church - it was a great vehicle for me in terms of my social and spiritual life, it's just no longer how I would express myself. I'd be interested to know what it has meant for you spiritually (if that's not too heavy!!)

My family are not particularly religious, although it was still hard coming out to my parents. They do their best in trying to understand and were supportive in the way I expected they would be when I did come out to them. Since then we've not discussed my sexuality. This saddens me to a degree as I feel they don't know who I really am, but that's been the case for the past 30 odd years, so why should it be any different now?! Bottom line is I know they love me and would support me in whatever way they felt they could.

In regard to this particular post, I have been in a similar situation, having a sexual relationship with a guy who wasn't entirely sure about his sexuality and was nowhere close to being an openly gay man. I did a lot of head talk trying to convince myself I could just see it as a physical relationship (because the sex was mindblowingly great!), but I 'quite liked the guy', and found this increasingly hard to do - despite the fact that he promised me nothing, it was all my own feelings I was dealing with. I don't know why I'm writing in the past tense because it's still sort of happening!!
Anyway, without wanting to be a wet blanket, I just want you to be careful and take care not to get too hurt if this guy start to mean more to you than a great shag. But I guess we're not really living life if we don't get hurt at times.

Anyway, have fun and take care - I look forward to hearing how it goes.

Single Guy said...

WOW Monty...very exciting. I too am a fan of older guys..they can be very sexy!!! good for ya. Sounds like you are having lots of fun...enjoy it:)

Guy In London said...

Monty, first time I've come across your blog (oh aren't puns fun)! Great post - suggest you have as much fun with him as you like as it sounds like you're both enjoying it.

Tales of the City said...

Ha. I see the usual suspects beat me to your blog. Wow. Does this really happen.. My works guys try to pick me up in the gym.. no cab sav or finesse involved.

Labels