Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Today...

A couple of things...firstly, we've got a couple of little breaks coming up which have all been sorted out in the last week or so since my gorgeous McBrad returned. Firstly, the Christmas details have been sorted out - should be a lovely long weekend down at the beach house with my brother Mark and his b/f Sim and the rest of his gang! Can't wait.

Following that, I've just booked (as in this morning), 5 nights at Kingfisher Bay Resort on Fraser Island in early January for McBrad, his friend Phil and myself. Phil's a long term friend of McBrad's who lives in London and so really wanted to get out of Sydney while he's here. I've not been to Fraser before so I am really looking forward to it! And spending 5 steamy summer nights on an island with my hot boyfriend.

Following that, we've got the Australia Day weekend sorted out - a friend of McBrad's is getting married (I blogged a couple weeks ago about receiving the joint invitation) in the Hunter Valley at Peppers Convent and so that will be excellent - nothing like lots of wine tasting and a wedding to put one (by that we mean McBrad) in the mood for romance and maybe more!!! ;-)

And of course, today is Melbourne Cup. I'm not a gambling man - in fact, until today, I've never placed a bet in my life. And so today, I rocked up to the TAB and I've now got bets on Septimus, Moatize and a trifecta with Nom du Jeu, Mad Rush and Profound Beauty. I'm also in the office sweeps for Moatize (twice) and Ice Chariot. So I reckon I've got at least half a chance of winning something. Cross your fingers!

Anyway, I'm in a marvellous mood with all these holdidays/short breaks booked with the love of my life. And I was just thinking in bed last night, that you all probably think that 7 months with McBrad is not such a long time. I've been alive for approx. 450 months and so it only represents 1.56% of my life so in that respect, it is only a very short amount of time. But, this is my longest romantic relationship and so every month we pass is very exciting for me! I'm sorry if I do bore you with my monthly reminder - but every month that goes by, things just seem to get better and better. Why I am so lucky, I don't know...but I'm loving it!!! :-)

4 comments:

Tom said...

Oh my, this post was going so well until the last bit. Please tell me you don't have a spreadsheet to work out proportion of life spent madly in love with McBrad! :P

Monty said...

No Tom. I was just laying in bed last night thinking (obviously, I was at my place so had time to think in bed instead of shenanigans) about how long we'd been together and I realized how small it was in relation to the term of my life to date. So today, it was just a matter of working out the mathematics of it. I work with percentages and so it's a logical way to express it for me! :-p

Tom said...

That's a relief. It was quite an exact percentage that's all. I'd have worked it out to be about 1.5% but you threw me with the 1.56! :P

Monty said...

Tom, I have a financial calculator, it always works equations out to the second decimal point! :-)

Labels