Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Social...


As mentioned by Tom in his blog, we saw Priscilla The Musical on Saturday night. It's the 3rd time for me but the first for Tom. It's had a few minor changes since I last saw it (June 2007) - some tweaking which has improved it and provided a few more laughs for the audience. It was another excellent night's entertainment from my perspective. As with Tom, I do wonder how it's going to translate to UK audiences with its very Australian jokes. I think the Poms will LOVE it, but maybe they'll need to adjust some of the jokes. Can I suggest that any residents of the UK that do read my blog do themselves a favour and go and see it - I think it starts up early 2009 in the West End.


My mate Dan and I tried to persuade Tom to come out for a drink or two on Oxford St afterward, but alas, he declined. Didn't stop us however and we ended up dancing our socks off at Palms. "We love the nightlife, we love to boogie" indeed!!!


We also had a Private Client Event on Monday night - my Bank sponsors the Australian Chamber Orchestra and so they are very accommodating. Once a year, the Private Bank invites our very best clients to a meet and greet type thing, cocktails and canapes and of course, the ACO. It's a great opportunity for the Bank's CEO and Excutive Team to meet our top clients and vice versa. This was the first one that I've been to, and it was quite interesting seeing the members of some of Australia's leading families, politicians, entertainers and well known business people all in the same room. It was actually a really fun night and it was great to experience the ACO up close and personal.


Last night, one of McBrad's friends had a small gathering at his house so it was nice to just sit and chat to them and get to know them a bit better.


So that's been about it.

4 comments:

Victor said...

I have tickets for January 17, the show's second last night in Sydney. Having not seen the stage show previously, I am really looking forward to it.

scottiejt said...

Palms!! I've had a couple of drunken nights at that place. completely daggy and fun....

Monty said...

Scottie, Palms is FABULOUS! Soooo much fun, soooo little attitude! :-)

James said...

I agree with you about both Palms and Priscilla. Priscilla was surprisingly good. Apparently, they've bumped the prices up recently at Palms, and stupidly, they ask you to stand outside in a cue when there's no one inside, like every other bar on Oxford St, but I hope it's still a fun place.

Labels