Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Catching up...

Ok, it's been ages and I do sincerely apologize for my lack of posting of recent times. I do have a very valid excuse...well, a mildly valid excuse anyway. My PC is stuffed up (as I've already mentioned in a previous post) and I've been sick! Yes, I left work early on Thursday with a cold and had Friday off sick too! Thankfully, my gorgeous McBrad wasn't working on Friday and so took very good care of me. Such a wonderful man. Anyway, I digress.

The challenge is, when I'm at McBrad's, I'm far too distracted to actually focus on writing a blog post. And particularly last weekend as McBrad had a man come in on Friday and remove all the overgrown bushes in the back yard. Unfortunately, the man wasn't that good looking or even well built (I'd had visions of a hot tradie, sweating in the hot sun, needing to take of his shirt whilst digging...you get the drift), but still, he got the job done. And so, with an empty garden, I had no other option but to pop down to the local nursery and buy some plants and begin Monty's Marvellous Metamorphosis of the garden! It's only about 30% done but already it's looking a treat. Once it's all done, I'll take some pics and post 'em. It's quite exciting as we are having a Christmas party the weekend before christmas and I'll have the garden completed and looking just smashing!

Anyway, point is that I didn't have a chance to blog. And so I thought, I'll get to work on Monday and do a quick update. Problem was, no-one told me that work was upgrading our web browsers with new filters that filter out, yes, you guessed it, personal blogs!!! ARGHHHHHH!!!!! How the hell am I going to make it through the day without my fix of posts from you, my lovely blogger mates??? I have to say, the past two days at work have DRAGGED!!! So I'm sorry, but my blogging is going to be less than regular until I get my PC fixed or make some time at McBrad's for posting (as I am doing tonight).

Anyway, it's been a lovely weekend, with a party at my friend Jacqui's on Sat night and a restful day on Sunday with my hot man! It was funny, I had a couple of drinks with my old boss this arvo and he asked me about how things were going with McBrad and how long it's been. It's 8 months this coming weekend and I told him and he commented about how that was quite long. It was funny, but to me, 8 months doesn't sound long at all, but it feels like so long (in a good way, I hasten to add). It feels like a lifetime away when I was single and in my slutty summer/s and dating on Gaydar and all that stuff! It's only been a year since my UK trip but feels like a couple of years ago. It just amazes me that we've only been 8 months together...and that you, my dear readers, have still stuck with me and all my mushy updates about how hot and gorgeous and wonderful he is. Thank you! :-)

Anyway, that's about it for now. Just over 4 weeks until Christmas and there's so much still to do. Hope you are all having a good week!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's good that life is full for you Monty (except for the being sick bit!!). I think that makes for a good reason to be blogging less frequently.

Volodya said...

I know that's a geeky comment, but you can change the settings here in such a way that you can post a blog entry just by sending an e-mail to some chosen address ;) So if you want to fool the filtering, it's definitely possible!

scottiejt said...

I was wondering where you were...now I know.....get that damned computer fix so we can get a more regular monty fix....

Tom said...

Big annual sale on at the Apple Store this Friday only if you want to upgrade to the only approved computer system for the gay man. ;)

And having "a man come in and remove all the bushes in the back yard"... is that a euphemism for something or what?. LOL.

Glad you're feeling better and will be back on form for your 8 month anniversary! (PS: what happened to not celebrating until the year now!). :P

Mike said...

Glad you're better now. Of course it's nice to have a gorgeous man to look after you ;-)

I just realised for you Christmas is in mid summer. Lucky you, being able to have an outdoors Christmas party. I'm mildly jealous.

Keep us updated. Can't wait to see the garden too...

IAN said...

Happy 8 month aniversary! you've only just begun, so many good times ahead.

K said...

And what a happy 8 months it's been. Let's be honest, all we readers love reading all the happy mushy stuff. :)

I'll be happy to check out your PC for you if you still haven't gotten it fix.

As for the blog filtering browser, you can:
a) install another browser - but may not be possible if the PC is properly locked down.
b) use a free web proxy which will allow you to bypass the filter. Basically, the not yet banned proxy site will browse to the banned site and return the relevant page for you. Obviously, only use it for trivial web browsing as you are going through a middle man - no online banking details, important password, etc. Google search the term "free web proxy" if you want to do this.
c) Failing the aboves, you can always get an iPhone or any other web capable smart phone with a large screen for easy web browsing pleasure.

Cheers, Ky

Monty said...

Thanks for all your comments guys! I don't understand any of that technical stuff you mentioned, so I'll just have to blog from home/McBrad's (once I get the man to fix my PC). Sorry Tom, but I aint gonna get a Mac just yet! :-) And thanks for all your anniversary wishes - we're not actually celebrating it - just acknowledging it. Waiting for the big one in March next year! :-)

Labels