Monday, August 04, 2008

Working...

Well, it's a Bank Holiday here in NSW and in a a move highly unMontylike, I decided to work! Yes, can you believe it!?! Our boss asked if anyone wanted to work today, just to man the phones and make sure everything continued ticking over. - those who volunteered would get a day in lieu.

Now I've NEVER done this before, but seeing as how I have just come back from two weeks annual leave (one of which was spent soaking up the heat in FNQ and the other at home, getting my car and tax stuff done), I thought I'd receive more benefit if I had my day off next month. It'll work out very well, because McBrad usually works Mon - Thurs and so I'll have my day in lieu on a Friday and we can have a nice long weekend down at the beach house. September down there is always lovely - it's still cool, but the weather is normally quite mild.

And to be honest, it's been dead quiet today - I've done a couple of emails and rang a client or two (and they were most impressed that I was being so diligent in working today) and not much else - caught up on all the blogs, all the news websites, shopping websites etc. Wandering around at lunch time, the streets seemed a bit quieter - I'm down near Martin Place which is the epicentre of the finance industry in Sydney - and our building is almost deserted.

At Tom's suggestion, I even went and bought myself a couple of cupcakes and had them for afternoon tea, accompanied by a cup of Lady Grey. Perfect. It's nearly 4pm and I'm about to log off and go to the gym. So it's actually worked out rather well...what could've been just a wasted day off will be converted to being a very useful and quite fun day off. How good is that!

On a different subject, thanks for all the questions that have been thrown at me (see my last post). Feel free to keep firing away if you have any more - it's been rather fun!

2 comments:

Phil said...

McBrad works Mon - Thurs ... now I NEED a job like that!!! In fact, what about Tues - Thurs? I hate Mondays, and a 3 day week seems even better then a 4 day week :-))

Monty said...

I do have to say that McBrad does a full-time job, just squeezes it into 4 days. And he's at uni on Fridays (generally). So he's a very hard working gentleman! :-)

Labels