Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Melting moment...

Last night, we had a client seminar which was OK. After these things, the Bank always puts on drinks and canapes so that the clients can mingle with the Bankers/Advisors and the speakers. The client that I had invited had dinner to go to so he left straight after the presentation so that left me to be free and easy with the drinks! So I had about 3 glasses of wine and a few nibbles. I really felt like slamming some serious alcohol down as I'd just completed my DFP assignment (which was a complete nightmare - damn computer lost half of it and I had to re-type it yesterday afternoon) which is due today. Anyway, it seemed like a few of my team felt similarly, and so once we were booted out of the Bank drinks, we headed down to GPO for another round of drinks. We all had a couple of glasses and then that bar closed. So we toddled off to a new little wine bar that's opened behind Ivy for another couple of glasses. I was, by this stage, rather merry and so decided that a visit to McBrad's would be in order - normally, he's not keen on a tipsy me turning up at his door late at night but for some reason, I thought that he'd be fine with it and so grabbed a taxi and hightailed it over to his. I let myself in, had a quick shower and then crept up to his room and slipped into bed next to him - not a protest in sight. It was lovely.

But, I was thinking of just dropping him a quick sms or email this morning, just to say sorry for waking him up etc, when lo and behold, he emails me! "If I am really honest, I did enjoy the snuggle last night, you were all smooth and snuggley ". Talk about making me melt, I turned all gooey when I read that. What a sweetheart!!! Is there any wonder why I love him so much!!!

Speaking of lovely moments...we had planned for me to spend last Sunday night at his (as I do pretty much every week). Normally, I've been driving over to his and driving home in the morning as you can't park in the street all day (it's a one hour limit). But my car has been broken into twice now while parked outside his place and so it's a bit of a concern. Anyway, on Sunday, he drove over to my place (a very scary thing for a gay guy...driving over the bridge to the "dark side") and collected me which was a very sweet thing to do. We went to dinner in Newtown and then drove back to his place and watched a DVD, me snuggled in his arms. It has actually been several weeks since we've done that - we've been out lots with friends, or to the cinema etc and so Sunday night was just wonderful. You know those nights where you do nothing special, but the night is just special anyway? It was one of those nights!

I've turned into a drooling idiot haven't I? Can't help it I'm afraid. Sorry. :-)

6 comments:

The Mutant said...

Jesus fucking Christ on a Malvern Star, Monty... Put that tongue up off the floor and mop your drool up while you're at it!

Only kidding - You have the bestest boyfriend EVER and I'm so totally jealous it hurts!

Isn't love grand... Don't worry I have the same kinds of moments with my man and it's just indescribable

yani said...

Yes, yes, you're a drooling idjiot... but you're sweet with it, so somehow it works on you ;P

Cahill's Rest said...

I've got an idea re your car. How about you and I swap. I drive a 93 corolla sports....it's never broken into purely because the thief can easily see that the stolen nike's he's wearing are worth much more than the car he's about to break into.

Darwin said...

Ok. So reading this, and how wonderful things are with your hot boyfriend are only one word came out of my mouth, and it starts with a B and ends with an itch.

Seriously- sounds fabulous, very very happy for you...

Mike said...

Aw, I'm moving to Australia where all the fabulous men are! You give us all hope Monty!!

T said...

So when are you two moving in together and when is the Civil Union ceremony at the British Consulate ??

Labels