Thursday, August 07, 2008

Really Hot...

We went to one of McBrad's friend's birthday party on Friday night - just a gathering of friends at a local pub. It was a lovely night, we had a few glasses of chardy and chatted and departed by about 11.30pm. Anyway, Monday afternoon, McBrad receives an email from said birthday boy thanking him for coming to the party and for bringing me along as well. And to quote: "I was hearing lots of comments along the lines of: "[McBrad's] boyfriend is really hot!".

You can imagine that I was chuffed as chips and I've not let McBrad forget about it all week! he he he! He's now regretting forwarding the email to me!

McBrad was booked up on Tuesday night - he was seeing an Sydney Dance Company production at the Carriageworks - one of his friends had booked him a ticket to see it for his 40th birthday present (which was in Feb). This was fine, normally we spend Tuesday nights together but this had been booked for more than 6 months (before I was on the scene) and it was a present for McBrad so I didn't mind at all. Anyway, Monday afternoon, he rang me and asked me if I would like to come along. Obviously I did, but didn't want to come between him and his friend as it had been a couple of months since they had last caught up. And, I didn't want to go if I was going to be sitting by myself in another part of the theatre for the show. Anyway, he rang his friend and an hour later, phoned me back and confirmed he had an extra ticket next to them! And we had a lovely night out on Tuesday! It was soooo sweet of him, going to all that effort to include me when he really didn't need to. How lucky am I to have found such a gorgeous boyfriend!

And as I said to him later that night, I may be "really hot" but I reckon I've got me the HOTTEST boyfriend around!!!

4 comments:

Tom said...

It was unseasonably warm on Friday night wasn't it! No wonder you were hot. ;)

*duck*

Darth Gateau said...

Were you fanning yourself or something?

The Mutant said...

Oh listen to you go on! Every time I read about you and McBrad I get all moist (y'know, teary eyed not the vaginal kind, oh nevermind) You do indeed have the sweetest man alive there!

Tequilla Mockingbird said...

Are any of McBrads mates hot and if so, can you hook me up?!

And as for the chardy- as Kath Day Knight says, the 'h' is silent.

Sounds like you have got yourself a keeper, as has McBrad- the puuurfect twosome I'd say. I am literally Shrek with envy..!

T xx

Labels