Thursday, February 26, 2009

Bliss...

There’s not a lot to say really, the last couple of weeks have been lovely but otherwise non-eventful. We celebrated McBrad’s birthday with suitable fervour and I took him out on his actual birthday to Bird Cow Fish for a lovely dinner. We went shopping at Tiffany’s for his present (which he LOVES) and had a delightful Valentines Day/Night. It’s just been a couple of really pleasant weeks. I’m loving my life at the moment because it is just a normal life that’s shared with the most wonderful man around!!! We have dinners out, nights in, DVD’s to watch, dancing with friends at Palms, brunches on Sunday mornings, shopping for groceries and hardware, just the usual sorts of things.
Last weekend was a bit of a DIY one for us – water was leaking from the shower screen onto the bathroom floor so we bought some sealant and I applied it and lo and behold, all good! McBrad had been given some outdoor lamps as a birthday present, along with an electric drill. So we purchased some appropriate drill bits and some hooks and I drilled and screwed and hung the lamps in the back courtyard. Looks smashing…particularly at night! I love that I’m able to make a contribution to his house as I do sleep there more nights than my place! My poor apartment, on the other hand, is sadly neglected and gets a quick dust once a week if its lucky! I always thought of my apartment as a refuge – it was my home, with all my books, my CD’s, my photos, my furniture, my artwork, my clothes etc etc. But it doesn’t really feel like that anymore…it’s somewhere I sleep occasionally. I’ve realised that possessions, whilst important, don’t really make a home. Don’t get me wrong, I still love my place, but McBrad’s feels much more like home now.
Anyway, McBrad suggested to me the other night that we celebrate our 1st official anniversary with a party with our friends. I was delighted and touched that he wanted to make a big thing of it. For me, it’s a HUGE thing as it’s my first real long term relationship and I think that he wanted to do this for that reason. It is our first anniversary, but for me, it’s my first “first anniversary”. McBrad’s had a few LTR’s before, so he’s been there, done that. So I think he’s making a fuss because it does mean so much to me. Whatever the case, I’m excited to be sharing it with my friends.
Yes my dear readers, Monty has gone from International Tart of the Year to domesticated boyfriend and come 29th March 2009, it’ll be one year of monogamy for me! Although I’ve documented very well my desire for a LTR, always in the back of my mind, I questioned whether, after having had such a smorgasbord of men, I’d be able to cope with the same man all the time. And you know, I don’t even think about it much now that I’m in the situation. I still can’t keep my hands to myself when I’m around him (and to his credit, he’s very tolerant of me molesting him constantly) and always find myself responding to him at the drop of a hat. I am thoroughly attracted to him and can’t get enough of him physically! He says I wear him out! He he he! I just think he’s hotter than hot!
So I’m a happy little camper! (but you knew that, didn’t you)
J

8 comments:

Volodya said...

Great news - happy forthcoming anniversary! I missed that kind of comforting posts you are so good at.

We are also celebrating something in March - one year of our engagement!

Anonymous said...

Conratulations...i too have recently celebrated this'' anniversary and i can say honestly that it is the best situaton to be in....
enjoy enjoy enjoy
SX

Phil said...

Good to hear things are going well Monts! How quickly has that year gone by?? I can't believe Feb is almost over!! Rich & I are approaching 18 months in March. Stay happy!
Phil
x

Darth Gateau said...

yes, we knew that... you told us once.. or twice.

Good for you! Stay happy!!!

Soul Seared Dreamer said...

LOL I love the title of International Tart. So fricking funny.

Guess all that's left to say is CONGRATS.

And yes I knew the anni was coming around.. as Darth said u've mentioned it a few times =)

Mike said...

International Tart of the Year. How bleedin' marvellous. But I'm so happy for you and McBrad. An inspiration is what you are :-)

Tom said...

Happy Quarter Anniversary... it'll be 3 years until the next 29th February! :P

Good to see you and McB the other day! :)

Anonymous said...

congratulations... :)

Labels