Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Bits and Pieces...

This post is going to be in the style of Tom's...a multi subject one!

Firstly (and the non-Australian readers won't know what I'm talking about), I'm LOVING The Biggest Loser at the moment. I watched the "weigh in" on Monday night and found myself getting really emotional as I heard the contestants' stories. Of all the "reality" TV shows on air, I love this one as it's a show that actually changes people's lives for the better. It's such a positive show! And this season, there's two brothers who I think will be absolutely HOT once they've lost a few dozen kilos or so! Can't wait!

McBrad and I have been talking over the past couple of weeks about a month long trial of living together! There's a few issues that we've had to work through but I think it's going to happen. I'm very excited as well as being a little scared. Although we're spending most of each week together, it's still not the same as 24/7. The good thing is that most of the potential problems that we can see have been discussed and workshopped, so hopefully they won't be problems. It's still not a done deal, I've still got to make my final decision, but I think it will happen.

I'm at home tonight, it's a nice easy night and it's nice just to watch some tv, eat some dinner, play Scrabble on Facebook, and chill.

It's also McBrad's birthday in a week's time - we're celebrating with a dinner out on Saturday night for a bunch of friends and on Tuesday, his actual birthday, with a dinner for two. And it's when he'll get his birthday present from me. I met him last year 6 weeks after his 40th birthday, which means of course, that our first anniversary is fast approaching! Can you believe it??? Monty and McBrad about to celebrate the first REAL anniversary!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats Monty, it sounds like life continues to go well for you. I hope the next few weeks of celebrations are full of fun and life.
Good luck with the decision making around moving in together. It's a significant move that is understandably both scary and exciting.

Anonymous said...

I have to congratulate you on several occassions. I'm sure you'll make a wise decision on trying to live together, but being almost together for a year is worth a congratul;ation too.

Who would have thought that, after just coming out of the closest, playing around a while "sowing your oats" around Europe and Sydney and now this.

Just enjoy each other, you love him and he loves you back. That's all that counts.

K said...

Congrats on the upcoming anniversary. I'm happy to hear that you guys are discussing a trial of living together. That's a very good idea. Are you going to move in with him or vice versa?

It took my bf & I a couple of years before I moved in with him. Even then I had to muscle my way in as he was so used to his independence. He recently told me that it's the best decision I made for him. It's great having someone to look forward to at the end of each day.

All the best.

Mike said...

Oh my God that is such fantastic news. And you're thinking about not blogging any more? Come on! We must have more of this. More!!

I'm really happy for you.

Tom said...

Yay! Living together... hope it goes well for you both. But Boo! I suspect this will mean you're defecting from civilisation and moving the wrong side of the bridge?

Nice post style by the way! :P

Monty said...

TOM, it's only for a month! So don't despair yet...I'm still officially a North Shore boy! You're not the only gay in the village just yet. :-)

Anonymous said...

I love the idea of trial move in, because that is a major adjustment...But also the money you both wil save, seriously : )

Anonymous said...

First time here. Congrats on all the lovely occassions. I moved in with my bf after a year of being together and now we're getting married after our 3rd anniversary. We had a long engagement due to some unforeseen events.

Soul Seared Dreamer said...

OMG that's huge. Lovin' the idea of a trial living together. Hope it does go ahead & wish you all the luck with it too.

As for the nearly here 1 year - mate so pleased for you. Here's to wishing it's the first of a string of many

Bless

Labels