Sunday, February 01, 2009

January...

It's the last day of January 2009 and I've barely written anything in my blog! I've been lacking the desire/will to do so for the last few weeks...whether it's just the summer slackness or something more fundamental I'm not sure. It's kinda feeling like my blog has served its purpose and now updating seems to be more like updating my diary than anything else. I originally started blogging at the suggestion of a friend who himself was a blogger (and who has since stopped)...he thought it would be a good outlet for me to be able to express myself, having recently come out and trying to deal with the ramifications. And it was a great suggestion! Apart from the therapeutic benefits of being able to get stuff off my chest, thanks to many of you, my dear readers, I came to realize that lots of people out there had similar issues to deal with. So my blog became part of my coming out, with all my experiences dutifully recorded for posterity. All the new stuff that I had to deal with became a lot easier with the feedback that I received. And of course, the friends I've made through blogging has been a very unexpected blessing.

But what am I saying? Well, lately, it just seems like I'm simply updating what I've been doing, where I've been going etc, which really isn't that interesting. I feel like I'm in a settled place in my life, with my wonderful McBrad a major factor in that. Obviously we have our issues to deal with but I'm not going to blog those, because while I'm quite comfortable blogging about my own issues, I don't think it's fair to discuss stuff about McBrad - I would only be stating my side of the story and as I'm convince, there's always 3 sides to every story - mine, McBrad's and the truth. Each of us has a different perspective on things and so our respective stories would be influenced by that. That being said, there's not been anything significant to write about...I feel like I've been very lucky to find someone like him and so am happy as Larry!

Anyway, it's a bit of a ramble, but I'm seriously questioning the necessity of this blog, and my desire to continue. I've not yet decided, but just thought I should give you some advance warning about what I'm thinking.

It's a lovely warm weekend here in Sydney, beatiful sunny skies. We took Noodle to the beach today and it was wonderful! Hope all of you are having great weekends too!!!!

9 comments:

Tom said...

Boo, don't do it! We'll miss you. :(

Bill said...

All bloggers go through periods when they no longer feel the urge to blog; I certainly have had several periods like that since I began in 2002!

Whatever you decide, I wish you well; if you choose to continue (perhaps after a period of 'downtime') well, you'll still be in my RSS feed reader, so you'll still have at least one reader - and undoubtedly a lot more besides.

Meantime, enjoy that summer - I'm just eagerly anticipating my departure in a couple of weeks time for Spain for my annual 3 months there, to escape our chilly Scottish climate.

Good luck!
Bill

Volodya said...

I would only be stating my side of the story and as I'm convince, there's always 3 sides to every story - mine, McBrad's and the truth.

Monty, that's a brilliant way to put it. Really.

It's just fine if you don't have the urge to blog now - enjoy the reality instead! :-)

Darth Gateau said...

I know what you mean about the blog. I started mine for fun really, nothing more. Now I feel guilty when I haven't posted and I suppose that these days I should really have a whole lot more to be posting about. But...

Mr Jones said...

Ah Monty - sometimes things run its course and maybe you blog was what you needed at the particular period in your life. Now that you have moved on maybe you dont need it anymore? I went through the same patch - and in a way I moved on.. to reviewing restaurants, bars etc - I guess I still need to share my views albeit in a different way. Good luck with the decision and there should be no pressure - just follow what feels right for you. xx

Mike said...

Don't stop your blog! It's really good; well written and funny and it's heart-warming to see a great guy find happiness. You're an inspiration! We want to keep reading about you and your relationship and how it develops, as proof the good guys can win!

Cahill's Rest said...

There's nothing to stop you from "resting" MAAM for a little while and coming back to it later...or just write on it when you feel like it!

Phil said...

Hi Monts,

I know what you mean! You shouldn't feel that you need to make a definitive decision about whether to blog or not. If you have something you want to write about then do so, otherwise just let it ride. I'm with Tom though, I would miss reading about how your life is treating you! Take it easy :-)
Phil x

Anonymous said...

Just suspend it for a while to start with. We'll wait.

Labels