Friday, February 13, 2009

The Mysterious Man...

A curious question was posed by McBrad last night as we walked down Cleveland St to the lovely Indian restaurant where we were to have our dinner with our friend Carter. “Are you going to stop blogging?” he asked. “No.” was my reply, “Why do you ask?”.

He told me that he was sitting at a café yesterday morning having breakfast when a guy at the café asked him if his boyfriend wrote a blog. McBrad replied in the affirmative and the person told him that his boyfriend reads my blog and had obviously read my post from a week or so ago about me considering stopping. I assume that this guy also reads the blog occasionally, as he recognized McBrad from the photos I’ve posted. McBrad’s not so good on the details, and can’t really describe the guy that well, and so I’m wondering who it is. I’m not worried or concerned or anything – McBrad knows about the blog and knows that I’ve posted his pic on the blog – I’m just intrigued to find out who it was. So if you want to out yourself, please leave me a message! :-)

Aint it interesting how small a world we live in.

11 comments:

James said...

It happens fairly regularly at work for me also. Colleagues go searching for an article about something and find my blog. They all find it interesting/amusing, I guess. A few years ago it would have worried me, now I'm not so concerned. My blog is pretty g-rated.

IAN said...

wasn't me!

Adaptive Radiation said...

I do hope that the encounter with mystery guy wasn't unsettling for McBrad.

I've twice seen people walking around in Melbourne whom I've recognised from their blogs. It's interesting to realise that there are people out there that may know more stuff about you than those who interact with you on a day to day basis. As a reader though, I care very much for all of the people behind the blogs that I read (which is why I'm glad you've decided to continue with your's).

MadeInScotland said...

Yeah it's a queer-y. I originally wrote under anonymity then as I scribed my life people worked out who I am.

It would be good to go back to perfectly honest but we ares till guarded.

ahoj

Tom said...

That's a bit disconcerting. That's why I never have pictures of me and there's a bit of detail changing and time shifting on my blog too! :P

Darth Gateau said...

ooh! Mystery readers... The glamour. They could be celebrities or anything. They could also be rough old knackers with no teeth... Hmmmm... best not to dwell...
:-)

Anonymous said...

Oh, I don't see anything wrong with it. Personally, I think it'd be pretty cool if someone went up to me or my hubby and said they'd read my blog. Anyway, I wouldn't worry too much.

Anonymous said...

At least he knows about your blog. my boyfriend pretends he doesn't write one. I know he does but will not let on I know until he tells me..what a muddle..I think it nice you can share it with him and include him.....Sx

Mr Jones said...

was Mr okay with it...?

Soul Seared Dreamer said...

It wasn't me =)

Kinda strange though. Hope B (the other one & not u) was ok wiv it.

Anonymous said...

Yes it is a small world we live in... It's funny how stuff happens like that!

Labels