Thursday, July 24, 2008

Oh the Shame...

Be prepared to be appalled by the following.

A flurry of late night texts last night led to me tearing across the city at 10pm enroute to McBrad's. Nothing new there. But you know that kinda zone you get into when driving somewhere familiar - you can kinda switch off and the car will just drive itself. Well, I had the radio on and I was in that zone. The station I was listening to was Mix 106.5 (wait, I haven't got to the REALLY appalling bit yet) and on comes Shania Twain singing "From This Moment On". Now I'm sure Shania is a lovely lady and yes, back in the early 90's, we all flirted with the pop/country thing (I even purchased "Man, I Feel Like a Woman" on CD) but "From This Moment On" always made me want to puke...it was such a pappy shmappy smarmy made-for-Westie/Bogan-wedding song, with all these lyrics about being "right beside you" and "you and I will never be apart" and "I give my hand to you" blah blah blah. Well anyway, it comes on and I find myself listening to the lyrics absentmindedly and I'm thinking how much I can relate to them and how they are expressing exactly how I feel about McBrad and then my mind wanders to thoughts of a wedding and...what the hell! I pull myself up, shocked and appalled that I'm actually relating to THAT song and that I'm even thinking about weddings! (and yes, you can now all gasp with dismay - we've now covered the really appalling aspects) I know I know, I had it coming, listening to Mix in the first place. And it was late at night, it had been about 14 hrs since I'd last seen McBrad and I was very excited to be on my way back to his place, with the promise of cuddles and snuggles...but it's still no excuse. I'm so ashamed! I mean, I've previously confessed to downloading Jason Donovan to my iPod but even that doesn't rank anywhere nearly as appalling as this.

Speaking of which (and our friend Tom will be delighted that I'm mentioning an Apple product), I did some more downloading today from iTunes - some more PSB, Shirley Bassey (love her version of Get This Party Started) and Justin Timberlake.

My car is now all mechanically done and, with the new tyres and brakes and stuff, is just marvellous! So my little holiday has been quite productive! :-)

6 comments:

Adaptive Radiation said...

Geeze Monty...there's something cheesily romantic but also bile-inducing about that post. Did you also sing along to the tune and picture yourself walking down the isle in Shania's dress?

Monty said...

I warned you didn't I. And to answer your questions...No, I didn't sing along, nor did I picture me in a dress (thank goodness, otherwise I'd be seriously considering topping myself now). :-)

Darth Gateau said...

Yowsers! You really are turning into a big jessie. You need to take up something butch for a bit - cattle wrangling or... er... jousting or something...

Anonymous said...

OMG !!! I almost heard wedding-bells.

B. you could move in with McB since you live/sleep/cuddle there most of the time ;-)

Tom said...

What, Monty has an iTunes account... you're a dark horse! See you in the queue for the grand opening of the Chatty store? ;)

When do I get to meet McHottie?

Soul Seared Dreamer said...

Holey.. you've been well domesticated.

Next you'll be wanting to raise his babies and act the housewife. LOL.

Labels