Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Catching up...


I realised that I haven't posted anything for nearly a week! Eek! So this is going to be a bit of a mish mash of items.

Firstly, met up with the personable and very chatty ThoroughlyModernColin on Friday afternoon for coffee. A lawyer with the gift of the gab...now there's a suprise! :-) We had a lovely chat - it was great to meet with a fellow Queenslander and the fact that he's as witty and amusing in person as he is on his blog was a relief! Methinks there will have to be further coffees (or actually drinks) to get more stories out of him!

Friday night was our End-of-Financial-Year party at work. It was a Mexican theme and so I cajoled John, the Risk Executive, to go along with me as two gay Zorros! Hilarious fun and I've got to say, everyone else (with the rare exception) was highly uninspired...there were lots of ponchos and sombreros...how original. Anyway, John and I were beaten in the "Best Dressed" comp by a psychopathic cactus. How very dare they! Despite this, we managed to have ourselves a dandy old time, downing sangria like it was lemonade.

Saturday, toddled over to McBrad's and we had some retail therapy and then a nice quiet dinner at Rubyos, followed by a DVD and snuggle at his place. Perfect. Sunday was much the same so it was a lovely quiet weekend.

I was highly annoyed however, on Monday morning when I got to my car (to drive home)...some little bastard had smashed my window and stolen my CD's (about 30 of them) and a handful of loose change that I had in the car! Bloody nuisance! Hope they choke on the cheap drugs they buy with the proceeds! It's sooooo typical Surry Hills to smash a window to get into the car. At least, here on the North Shore, the criminals are much more skilled - they actually break into the car via the lock. So, replacing the window has cost me $265! Outrageous!

Only two more working days before I'm on holidays so I'm very excited! Mark, my brother, flies in from London tomorrow afternoon so we'll catch up tomorrow night! Can't wait to introduce him to McBrad! And then, on Sunday, off we fly to warm, sunny, tropical Far North Queensland! Particularly now that the weather has turned brass monkey on us, I am really looking forward to wearing shorts and t-shirts and laying on the beach in the sun! Lurvely!!!!

So that's about it...nothing really exciting to report. Well, nothing exciting for me anyway, though apparently something akin to the Coming of the Messiah happens tomorrow - yes that's right folks, iPhone is unleashed on the Australian market and no doubt, there will be salivating crazies lining up around the block at the Apple shop across the street from work.

7 comments:

Sunshine said...

Friday, dude, Friday - that's when the iphone is coming out. Get it right, will ya?! ;)

Monty said...

Friday, Thursday...who cares! ;-)

Tom said...

Get a grip Monty... all of your recent posts have mentioned Apple in some way. That kind of fixation isn't healthy! ;)

Darth Gateau said...

Lord - more Apple mayhem!
Have a great holiday - you've reminded me - it's almost 2 weeks since I last posted.
Meeting Muz for lunch later!

Tom said...

Have a fantastic holiday!

(this comment brought to you from my shiny new white iPhone!)

K said...

Sorry to hear about the smash window - it's really very annoying more than anything - mine was smashed a couple of years back (in Surry Hills) and all they got was my sweaty gym cloths and gym bag. But lesson learnt though, don't leave anything visible inside the car - if you must, put them in the boot.

Apart from the crime, Surry Hills is a good place to live - welcome neighbour! :)

IAN said...

*Shouldn't yoose be drinking Coronas?

*Get that ipod in yer wheels then ya don't need yer cds

*get yerself down to that apple shop and get yer iphone!

* all the best for the weekend! : )

Labels