Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Monty's Miscellaneous Musings...

1. PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) seriously need to get a grip...they have requested the Pet Shop Boys change their name to something more ethical and acceptable...like the Rescue Shelter Boys. What are those people on? Have they nothing better to do (like save whales or something) than make such ridiculous suggestions? PSB have of course, dismissed such a stupid idea.

2. Walking into North Sydney yesterday morning, on my way to the bus, a few of the Navy Seals who are based nearby jogged past me. Shirtless. Man candy - the perfect way to ease back into work after a long weekend.

3. I had my first training session with my new personal trainer yesterday after work. I've got 6 sessions with him as one of my birthday presents from McBrad and after last night's session, I'm not looking forward to the next 5. He absolutely smashed me!!! I'm sore all over today. He's very good, I've gotta say, but he's relentless. Next session is tomorrow night. Eek!

4. Got home today and had two lovely birthday cards in the mail - one from my brother Mark and his boyfriend Sim, and one from my gorgeous friend EIB, who's now living and working back in London. It was so nice to have my birthday experience extended for another couple of days.

6 comments:

Mike said...

PSB didn't ignore PETA's idea but ran the story on their website: http://www.petshopboys.co.uk

Mike said...

How funny. Though the navy seal story has me a little jealous. There's a barracks and Scotland Yard right next to the office so anyone who likes a guy in Uniform... ;-p

James said...

Yes, the PSB have said the following... which I suggest means they know they couldn't change their name for a bunch of reasons, but think there's something they would like their fans to consider. The latter part of the story hasn't been reported in the media, of course...

The organisation PETA Europe, dedicated to establishing and protecting the rights of all animals, has written to Pet Shop Boys with a request they are unable to agree to but nonetheless think raises an issue worth thinking about.

Peter said...

On #3, I'm sure McB would love to 'rub-out' the painful muscles. Tomorrow the PT will rub the pain back in of course.

Darth Gateau said...

Navy Seals on your doorstep. How marvellous. We don't even get standard, fat, stinky seals here. I'll trade you a navy seal for a camel herder...? No? Bugger!

Stephen Chapman said...

I cant believe that the Pet Shops Boys could be so negative! They should ditch the name and go for something far snappier:

"Grown up men who like animals, yes really we do"

It just rolls off the tongue!

Labels