Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter weekend...

It's been a rather relaxing long weekend I must say. It started off with a bit of a bang and then mellowed from there. It was my birthday - my 38th for those who are counting - on Good Friday so I decided that it would be better to celebrate on Thursday night after work, just in case people were going away for the weekend. So McBrad and I rocked up to the Dolphin Hotel, the scene of last year's birthday actually, and over the course of the evening, friends turned up. It was lovely actually, because at any given time, there was a different set of friends there...some stayed for a drink before heading out for dinner, some came after dinner, some stayed all night and kept rocking on well after we had gone home. So it was the perfect chilled out evening that I was hoping for.

Friday necessitated a sleep in, whilst the exceptionally snuggly McBrad quietly slipped out of bed and fed and walked Noodle before returning home to take me to breakfast at our favourite cafe, Cafe Ism in Newtown. And then, we spent the arvo at home, me reading the paper and tidying the garden, McBrad working on one of two assignments that are due tomorrow. Poor McBrad had phoned around many of our favourite restaurants, trying to find one that was going to be opened on Good Friday...and none were! So he was quite despairing of us even eating on my birthday night. Thankfully, Mack rang me up on his way home from the city on Friday arvo, wanting to meet up for a drink. So I wandered down and met him on Crown St and we went into Trinity Bar and had a couple of shandies and a catch up! It's great having him back in Sydney after his year in Canada. But he mentioned to me that riding up Crown St, he had noticed lots of the pubs and bars were opened, and even down our end, I could see quite a few opened too.

So McBrad and I showered and dressed and decided to wander down Crown St and find somewhere that was opened and that appealled. We ended up at our old regular, Paua, which was suprisingly open. I think that a lot more places appeared to be opened this year...I'm thinking that maybe the credit crunch has encouraged more places to trade, even on public holidays in an attempt to make more $$$. Whatever the case, it was a lovely evening with my favourite man. The perfect way to spend my birthday.

Saturday was more of the same, however I did come home Saturday night and have a nice quiet evening watching dvd's. McBrad had given me a bag of my favourite lollies as one of my birthday presents (he knows how much I love my lollies) and sitting there Saturday night, I just felt like having a couple of the lollies. 30 mins later, bag empty, and me feeling less than healthy, I started regretting opening them. And then the sugar hit! The late movie came and went and it was 2am before I knew it!!! Needless to say, I won't be doing that again soon! The good thing was that it was a long weekend, so it didn't matter if I had a couple of late nights.

Sunday, after another nice sleep in, I wandered down to the Grumpy Baker and had me a long black, a Ham and Cheese Croissant and the Sunday paper...just the perfect thing for a Sunday. And then it was back to McBrad's, and off to the gym! He sure knows how to make me sweat (from exercise that is). The lovely DG had invited us over to his place for dinner, and so that was a delightful evening of great food and great company.

Today, we were back at Cafe Ism for brekkie with Con, one of our friends. And that's about it...a wonderfully relaxed Easter weekend. In fact, I don't think I've done so little in four days as I have this weekend past.

Oh, and the ever gorgeous McBrad bought me a lovely plaited leather bracelet, with a gold clasp thingy - it looks a lot better than I've described, trust me. And 6 sessions with a personal trainer! At first, I was somewhat taken aback - wasn't sure whether it was a present or punishment, but it's actually exactly what I need! I must confess to having lost enthusiasm for the gym of recent times and I think these sessions will get me back on the straight and narrow. If the trainer is good, I'll see if I can have maybe one session a week, just to keep me motivated. The Trainer rang me on Saturday to arrange our first session (Tuesday after work) and he's British! What a bonus!!! He's 41, gay, single, and reportedly quite good looking, so that should help with the motivation too! LOL But McBrad doesn't have anything to worry about, I still think he's the sexiest man alive!!!

So that's about it. Hope you have all had a marvellous long weekend!!!

3 comments:

Tom said...

Happy Birthday and Happy Easter!

Keep your hands off Mr Pommie Gym Bunny! I would say pass him over, but you know... 41's a bit past it. *duck*. :P

Peter said...

Happy [belated] Birthday, B!

Mike said...

Very belated birthday wishes; it reads like you had a smashing time and it put a smile on my face to see you so happy.

Labels