Friday, November 03, 2006

It's the last day of my holiday...

Well, it's finally arrived, the last day! Never expected it to come so quickly...but it has. This holiday has been completely different from what I expected...Big Time! But I have learned a lot about myself, I feel I have found a real and genuine friend in DG, and I have also had a great time.

Now back to Sydney, back to real life and making a start on a relationship!

I remember reading about how in the "old days", people used to write letters (really, that's what they did...can you believe it???) to each other. And many relationships began, or were maintained in that way. Could the same be said today with emails, MSN chat, sms texting etc. Well, perhaps not texting...you can't say enough usually with sms. But with emails and MSN chatting, could that be the same thing as letters of yesteryear?

I say this because I have been having an intense electronic relationship (I suppose you'd call it a relationship...not sure what else to call it) with a guy in Sydney. We have not met, in fact, his first message to me via Gaydar was on the last night I was in Sydney. But since that time, it's been pretty extensive. At first, I enjoyed the messages and emails and continued to reply. But it has gradually got more and more intense, as we discover mutual likes and dislikes and just simply more about each other. Particularly in the last week or two has it been getting that way. It's a very strange thing, becuase I have been having these relatively short term relationships in Germany and Czech, along with this developing electronic relationship at the same time. And as mentioned, there's the unrequitted thing with Carl in Budapest to add to the mix! I've certainly got around!

Now, as I mentioned in my last entry, time in Mykonos to think has allowed me to sort many things out. I've had a couple of long chats to Oscar (in Paris) and we've agreed that what we had was great, but it was a "holiday romance" type thing, and we will be friends and keep in contact. I am very happy about that, because he is a great guy! He's even talking about coming to Australia for a visit which would be fantastic!

Mike, he's been on holidays and travelling back to the US and so we haven't had much chance to chat...I just received an email tonight and he's back home, jetlagged. Again, I hope to talk to him soon and sort things out as per Oscar. I would love to remain friends with him ongoing.

And as for Carl...we have had some serious and lengthy (and quite expensive) discussions and again, sorted it all out. He is going to be another great friend of mine, someone with a very level head and a very caring nature.

And as for my electronic correspondent...well, we are going to meet up and see what happens. I am hoping the sparks will fly and we will be able to start dating. Who knows with this type of thing...sometimes the person on the page may not turn out to be exactly the person in the flesh...I don't know - it's a first for me. But from the long conversations we have had...I am feeling optomistic. I am trying to be realistic about it as well and not get my hopes too high! We'll see!

But, I have come out of this holiday with some fantastic new friends, loads more confidence in myself, and the ability to pick up guys in bars! ha ha! Hopefully, that skill will not be required going forward!

So I shall sign off now and next entry will be in Sydney...next challenge for Monty...coming out to my parents! The BIG one!

1 comment:

Single Guy said...

Best of luck mate on the coming out! And good luck with the relationship search. It will happen...I'm sure. And if there is anything I can help with...let me know. I do have lots of single friends:)

Labels