Sunday, October 29, 2006

Questions...

Ok, here I am in Athens at the moment...about to hit Mykonos with a vengence (hopefully). And I have a question or two...I have been talking to a guy in Sydney for about a month or so, via email and sms...we haven't yet met. He seems sensational, we seem to have similar likes/dislikes, seem very compatible...and we will meet once I return to Sydney. Now I am getting quite a few guys sending me messages etc via Gaydar who would like to meet me...and I am not averse to meeting them...The question (yes, I am getting to it) is...these other guys seem great too, and I would love to meet them (and possible shag them) however if the first guy works out...am I "settling down" too quickly? Given my relative inexperience, should I shag for a few months, or if I meet someone who appears to be Mr Right tomorrow, just stick with him and hang the getting of experience?

So, what should I be looking for, given my relative inexperience? Relationship? or Sex?

hmmmm....

3 comments:

Dating Guy said...

Two great entires Monty. Hmmmm.... tough questions and ones that I don't think any blogger can answer for you. The reality is that only you know when your ready to settle down. If you are questioning whether you have shagged around enough - then I think the answer may well be no.

By the way, a tip from the Dating Guy, it's ok to meet guys for coffee and get the know them. You aren't cheating! There comes a point in the dating game where you have to make a decision about who you want to be with - but that's a way off yet. My philosophy has always been that as long as you are honest and open with what you are doing then anything goes. Once you start dating someone properly, then you need to have the conversation about exclusivity and decide if that's what you both want. Don't assume they are being exclusive just because you are.

Honesty and open discussion are the keys to the Gay dating game. Enjoy the rest of you holiday and look forward to seeing you in Sydnye. DG xx.

Monty said...

Thanks DG! As always, your advice is appreciated and will be seriously considered!

The challenge I suppose is that I don't want to throw away an opportunity at Mr Right if he appears now, in a search for extra shagging credits! Ahh, it's a minefield out there aint it...well, not for you any longer by the sounds of things, but for us still singles! :-) See ya in a week!

Single Guy said...

I agree with DG. honesty are key. I had a lot of sex..for live five years but then it left me rather empty. I really wanted a relationship. I think there is a time for everything..just remember to take advantage of every second.

Labels